STYLEFORUM DOES JAPAN

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Synthese, May 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. nizdog

nizdog New Member

What are my chances of finding anything in size 45-46 chest in Japan, I am travelling first week of June. Would love to find indigo shirts.

2. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

^probably very low, unfortunately

@skitlets what cities?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Do you measure 45-46 around the chest, or is that the mesurement you need? If it's the amount you need, there are a fair number of reprop companies that size their shirts much more like American sizes. If you look up "indigo shirt" on rakuten: http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?k=indigo+shirt&sid=aikidou&l-id=gs_product_search, you'll see that in some cases and XXL might fit you, and in others, even an XL is close. Of course, finding that is going to be hard. a 45 chest is a big dude. even in the states.

Of course, you can always shop at Self Edge. You may pay a premium, but they do carry really large sizes: http://www.selfedge.com/shirts?product_id=1405. The XXL might fit you if you like a slim shirt, but the XXXL will fit you, with room.

Last edited: May 15, 2015

4. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

@Synthese I'm heading to Tokyo (&Kyoto) 1- 15 June, I'll share anything crazy and worthwhile. Already had recommendations from dozens of back alley food joints (oh, and secret robot battles) [​IMG]

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

You'll be able to find shirts that fit - just - although quite a few Japanese brands might be short in the sleeves, depending on how long your arms are.

However, you won't find many choices at all in terms of jackets with a 45-46 chest.

6. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

only in japan could someone pull that out of their back pocket

anyways, go to a maid cafe, then grab some cc lemon and pocari sweat and call it a day

giant gundam if that's still up

7. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Cocktails in Tokyo are def next level and a must if you're into that sorta thing. So many top bars.

Coffee I don't think is that great.. U will prob get better stuff in the states.

There will be too much great food to be had for sure - I don't even know where to start..

I don't know how many of the shops will allow photos - I suspect not many.

For clothes u should take a look at: CDG flagship, Dover street market, isetan men's, Visvim flagship, maybe yohji, maybe 1dk apartments. I have never seen the soloist one but that shd be cool too. So many of these shops are rather out of the way and not near each other at all so shopping can be tiresome(tiring) in that aspect.

If you're not w nicely nice or a local most of the time u might wanna get a local card/wifi for the gps/Google maps to make finding all the shops/restaurants more easily.. Tokyo can be such a maze.

Weather in June is crap!

8. sebastian mcfox

@penanceroyaltea any specific cocktail bars you would recommend? I have seen some great bars showcased on the likes of Anthony Bourdain etc, but find a lot of the places he recommends eventually suffer from the kiss of death.

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

My friend just informed me that underground sex club (happening bar) is the thing to do in the summer, more relaxed than a regular bar and good air conditioning

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Also real talk: maybe someone has better experiences, but I've only been to a maid cafe once and it was a profoundly creepy experience. We thought it'd be like Hooters where everyone is in on the joke, but there were a lot of single guys who looked exactly like the otaku stereotype taking everything way too seriously. After lining up for a couple hours, we ate our crappy omelettes in near silence and left quickly - one of the most awkward third dates of all time

RE: coffee, there's two places that do it well enough to warrant a visit, Omotesando Koffee and Kitsune Coffee. Recommend the iced cappuccino or the shakerato (like an icee or something), plus the baked cheesecake at Omotesando Koffee.

Last edited: May 16, 2015

11. penanceroyaltea

Bar High Five, Mori Bar, Bar ishinohana, Tender bar, Star bar Ginza.

(Whatever you do don't line up for that park Hyatt lost in translation bar - crappy)

For anime stuff what about ghibli museum? Pretty cool place and not otaku weird..

12. Best Budz

Best Budz Senior member

I went to a maid bar last year and can agree that it was an incredibly creepy and unsettling experience. We were all laughs when we walked in but kinda bummed out by the time we left.

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I've been living in Tokyo for a year now and haven't been to a single one of those famous bars because there's an incredible place straight out of a Murakami novel 5 mins from my house. Need to get a bit more adventurous. Did you have a favorite out of those??

And yeah, Ghibli museum is incredible

[​IMG]

14. penanceroyaltea

There's much to be said for having your own regular place though! That's the best feeling right. Hard to move away from that.. :)

For me prob bar high five. These are more classic cocktails though which may be boring depending on your tastes..

15. sebastian mcfox

Awesome, thanks