• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum Blog - an Interview with Siki Im

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just going to plant this here. I managed to get a list of Siki Im stockists, in case anyone is interested:

ALLOTMENT, LEEDS
AMERICAN RAG, LOS ANGELES
ANCHORET, BEIJING
ANMA, JEDDAH
ANTONIOLI, MILAN
BEAMS, TOKYO
BLACKBIRD, SEATTLE
BLXXKK, TOKYO
ESTINATION, TOKYO
LANE CRAWFORD, HONG KONG
LOCAL 35/ MACHUS, PORTLAND
MAAS, SAN FRANCISCO
MSK, SEOUL
PATRON OF THE NEW, NEW YORK
PROJECT AEGIS, SHANGHAI
PROJECT NO. 8, NEW YORK
OWEN, NEW YORK
RA 13, ANTWERP
RESTIR, TOKYO
SUSPENSION POINT, MONTREAL
VICTIM, VALENCIA
1ST LOOK MARKET, SEOUL

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice interview. After PickPack posted the spring Siki Im collection in the waywn thread, I spend a good part of the weekend checking out his past stuff. Some really cool things. I like that he keeps a minimalist filter over everything even though the underlying themes change with each collection. And I def. get a bit of the early HL vibe. His promo videos are also quite cool.
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tailoring in particular seems very HL to me. I can also definitely see Siki appealing to the Yohji contingent on here, as well as to people into Damir (is that basically just Shah? haha). A tunic and a blazer is very Middle Eastern, like he says, but if you make it all black in luxe fabrics and add voluminous pants it becomes something you could imagine Yohji doing. The popcorn prints in his FW12 show also recall, for me, that tongue-in-cheek vibe that Yohji's anime sweaters have. I like that he did some stuff that was not so serious.

Random fact: the footwear in his FW12 show is Guidi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads