1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Sarkozy

Sarkozy Member

We'll be bringing this Bianca Mosca Tote bag to the show. It's made from "center-cut" Louisiana alligator in St. Tropez blue, a special color unique to our tannery. The metal fittings are solid brass with palladium plating.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

If you're going with Astor, call and talk to Nima, see if they have anything special you can throw in for the event. I know they hold back a TON of stuff. Ask him since you're ordering so much if he can hook you up with a rare bottle or two on top....just make sure you're not overpaying for it.

1 person likes this.
  3. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Sorry to disappoint, but I lost major gains and am no longer hugewitz. :(

4. Carmina

Carmina Member

Hi gent’s,

We are glad to announce that part of the Albaladejo family from CARMINA SHOEMAKER will take part of the “Proper Kit Trunk Show”. That’s a great opportunity to introduce our selves in this fantastic community.

We know that many of you already know the brand. For those who don’t know us, we are a six generation family of shoemakers based in Mallorca (Spain) trying to produce a great quality goodyearwelted shoes for a great value.

With us, we will bring a good bunch a samples, some of the classics some new releases, as well as a two full batches of two different lasts with different fitting for those who want to find out the their sizes and also a great amount swatches, soles and small details to customize your shoes.

I hope we see you all very soon.

You can find a bit more of how we produce in our web:

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/

If you want to be aware of the news, please follow us:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Our very best.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

P.D

If someone has any special request, please let us know at info@carminashoemaker.com

13 people like this.
  5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i would only go to park avenue for their exclusive stuff. the stuff you can buy anywhere seemed pretty pricey

Torst was great, but either my palate was off both times or something about the nitrogenation and carbonation system they use is a little off

:embar: im going to tokyo instead

what does best even mean

there's a ton of great wine shops in the city. union square is a little more hipster and broader in selection, sherry lehmann is more established and it's reflected in their offerings. you won't find hipstery wines like etna rossos or dry sherries or a great selection of gruner at sherry like you would at union square, but SL has armagnac locked down as well as a really deep selection in the old school stuff.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sarkozy

Sarkozy Member

4 people like this.
  7. the shah

the shah Senior member

the tea is still green i don't want the leaves roasted. only the rice toasted !

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. JP Marcellino

JP Marcellino Senior member

Let me introduce myself for those that don't know me. I've been at every trunk show since the beginning and they have been great and only getting better.

I'm a New York bespoke classic briefcase maker and other stuff lately. I work hard at this art form to be original and build something for my clients they can be proud of and pleased with. I've worked with many members of this forum though out the years, you could search my name JP Marcellino for their reviews and see all the different styles I've built.

I'll have some new styles at the show and also some samples for sale. Bring cash and your best deal making skills. Holidays are coming and if you want to get a case from me get a sample or get an order in now. I'll have all sorts of samples, new and dusty ones, old ones, slightly broken ones in a variety of styles from women's clutches and totes to briefcases and portfolios.

If you are coming out of town or international clients and want to put a deposit down, cash or check only, but the remainder would have to be paid in check or bank transfer to ship, CC doesn't like these types of transactions and plus I'll discount their fees. Of course you can just pay with CC all online and we will ship as normal.

here are some new things we worked on in 2015

The Marcellino Latch, this is my design, i see hacks making copies but what can i say. One of the first styles i introduced at the 2013 trunk show. The latch is strong like a tank

here is the Taylor Series 2390 briefcase in navy blue bridle with Italian calf suede lining i made for a member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I built the above case for an SF member and he inspired me to make a real bulletproof briefcase, because this is New York and you never know. I searched around for the lightest, strongest soft armor material that can be lined in a fine briefcase without even knowing it is there, and i found it. i installed it and am the first to make a real tested high end bridle leather briefcase and offer it for a fraction of the price Tumi did their limited hard shell case. The material i use is 40% stronger than kevlar and more appropriate for permanent lining.

here is the Macarthur 1235 bulletproof briefcase, The shooting tests are always fun to watch, thanks to @payj for the tests. I will have this sample to view at the show

at the 2014 trunkshow i introduced my signature Hampton Combination lock. There is nothing build in the world like this design, it is fine Italian craftsmanship at its best. You can read more about my classic locks here, including the multi level brass one i use for the bulletproof case.

We came up with a new top hasp design for the Hampton lock. It is rectangular, grips the lip and also places the catch underneath for an easier grip. Here is the Thomas Paine, which by the way just won first place at the distinguished 50th Annual Gallery North Art Show on Long Island. here is their video for kicks, you can see it behind me, I'm at about 1:50

[​IMG]
    We also took the traditional round hasp and placed it under the flap and just redesigned the top to look the same here is the Hale 2354

[​IMG]
    i will also introduce a square bottom at the show.

Speaking of classic locks and one of the most popular with members is my Wallace 2220 briefcase with the brass English key lock, here is a recent style i made for @Craig Margolis
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next briefcase I'm real excited about is the Patton 2331 that was made for @reinokei , you can read his post about it here
    this is a back pack briefcase with an incredible designed lock. I'm taking the lock further, and adjusting the hasp and also making them available in solid @#$%'ing gold, that's right real gold just for those special few. Much more on this design to come in 2016.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is a very new style of briefcase called the Edison 2802. It has zippers, tote style handles, 2 colors, and a bunch of Martexin waxed inside pockets.
    [​IMG]

Let me toss in some desktop accessories for those that want to make your office smell like real leather
    [​IMG]
    sleeves and tablet cases to show everyone your artistic tastes
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Sarkozy

Sarkozy Member

Hi Joe-Tim from Bianca Mosca. Your work is wonderful. Looking forward to meeting you at the show.

1 person likes this.
  10. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Correction: best wine shop I've been to.

If your instructor recommends Sherry Lehmann, I'm sure it's fantastic!

11. Sarkozy

Sarkozy Member

Sherry Lehmann is unquestionably the best outlet for fine wines. Expensive but has an unrivalled selection.

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

All MTOs and discounts are only for those who order in person right? (can't order online/through email) [​IMG]

13. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I've always had good experiences at Sherry Lehmann.

14. JP Marcellino

thanks Tim, ill see you in the city

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hey Joe,

Can you take a picture of the bag that we'll do a real time auction for on this thread on the day of the show, so that everyone, even people who refuse to fly in from Sydney for this, can participate?

Cheers,

Fok.

16. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

The jokester in me wants to wear gym pants and sneakers. Just hope it doesn't turn into a pissing/big dicking contest of apparel. :foo:

17. JP Marcellino

Fok, I will. I could start it in a few days, probably after the weekend, I am just so swamped and trying to fit it in. When i do start I'll take some progress photos and update the thread.

I am looking forward to this briefcase, it is going to be a new style for me, specifically to introduce this trunk show and let me tell the people not coming from Sydney, this is a hot show, better than the javit project shows where you get lost. This is more personal, relaxed with some real talent.

This new design is going to have my Hampton lock in Palladium. It is going to be an old school English classic style, with those front buckle straps i know everyone loves that follows classic menswear.

1 person likes this.
  18. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Everyone doesn't wear suits/ties on the weekend.
    Some people do dress down. Really not a big deal.

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

@the shah - Genmaicha from Harney and Sons now purchased.

1 person likes this.
  20. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I was actually disappointed by the level of peacocking in previous years. I thought we'd get some Pitti-level shit.

1 person likes this.