• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just off the phone with Mike - he is going to be bring some pretty awesome chelseas (I just saw a texted picture of the sample, and my first instinct was "Oh SHIIIIIIITTTT!" in a variety of suedes and leathers.) I am going to get a pair in raw horse - see how they develop. Super awesome price, plus a freebie for anyone at the show.

I'm stoked.

If you haven't already, RSVP here: https://theproperkit.splashthat.com

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are gonna be sick indeed. Glad they are about to start rolling out, and the price point...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are gonna be sick indeed. Glad they are about to start rolling out, and the price point...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Hmmm... now I feel less special
plain.gif

Is that the Charlie Brown smiley?

Last edited:

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be there, mainly to demand an explanation of this:

Is c4st the internet's busiest fashion nerd??

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be there. Vote for Penderyn as drink of choice!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now now...dont be like that. I didn't realize you were such a sensitive flower.
Maybe a flower, but I think after all of the mac and cheese that I am gonna eat, i think that it will be difficult to be delicate after eating a lot of this:

Here is the write up from Serious Eats (http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2010...heese-in-nyc-new-york-manhattan-brooklyn.html) that puts them as tied for number one Mac n Cheese in NYC.

Sauce: Deep cheese flavor in a beautifully silky béchamel. Perfect sauce-to-noodle ratio.
Cheese: Mostly gruyere (with a bit of parmesan), and intensely flavorful without getting stringy.
Noodles: Al dente penne pasta doesn't get lost the way elbows sometimes do, and the sauce gathers inside the noodles nicely.
Topping: An exceptional melted-cheese and crumb crust, broiled to crisp perfection—the most flavorful topping we've had.

Oh, and I just emailed Artisanal to see if they'll do their lobster Mac for us.

For afternoon coffee service, because we are civilized like that:

From Eclair Bakery (http://www.eclairbakery-nyc.com/) We are going 1/2 mini eclairs, and the rest are gonna be a mixed bag of delicious.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
cool. see you all there!

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be there.

@Ken P and @A Fellow Linguist: wanna hitch a ride together? I'll stow my dutch oven aboard the Mega Bus and feed you both a rotation of cassoulet and buttermilk fried chicken.

Oh, and @LA Guy: What's "strike" exactly? I generally enjoy being helpful. Care to explain what the deal is for offering a helping hand? I'll let you know in advance that I have a taste for Pappy and dry-aged steak, but I'll settle for White Castle and 40s.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last year's event was a blast, this one looks like it'll be awesome as well

Dragged a buddy along with me last year, and he got a girlfriend out of it
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Strike means cleanup. I need a few volunteers. After that, Jasper and I will regal you with tales of awesomeness as we eat at a good bistros. I will get either moules frites or steak frites.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very much look forward to this! We'll have tons of new stuff with us including all of our WBill gear and some real spectacular cashmere.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Just off the phone with Mike - he is going to be bring some pretty awesome chelseas (I just saw a texted picture of the sample, and my first instinct was "Oh SHIIIIIIITTTT!" in a variety of suedes and leathers.)  I am going to get a pair in raw horse - see how they develop.  Super awesome price, plus a freebie for anyone at the show.

I'm stoked.  

If you haven't already, RSVP here: https://theproperkit.splashthat.com

Rad. Been waiting for these to drop.

You should've gotten in on the natural horsehide sneaker pre-order.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Missed last year because of a conference but I'll be there this time. @Ken P
 are you taking the train?

I'll be there.

@Ken P and @A Fellow Linguist: wanna hitch a ride together? I'll stow my dutch oven aboard the Mega Bus and feed you both a rotation of cassoulet and buttermilk fried chicken.

Oh, and @LA Guy: What's "strike" exactly? I generally enjoy being helpful. Care to explain what the deal is for offering a helping hand? I'll let you know in advance that I have a taste for Pappy and dry-aged steak, but I'll settle for White Castle and 40s.

I was thinking of taking the bus but I could also give you two a ride with me down towards @A Fellow Linguist's neck of the woods and we could all take the train/bus in from there? If AFL is in, we should get a group message going.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are going to be more attendees from Boston than NYC, might as well just host it up here :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads