• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Ken P - Great write-up in the newsletter, and I'm glad to hear someone else shares my loathing of pumpkin beers.

You mentioned Hill Farmstead a couple of times in the article. Any chance of one or two of those making it to the lineup for the show? I've had one of their IPAs - I want to say it was the Harlan - but generally we don't see much from them in Philly.

Glad you liked it! If I can figure out what the glassware situation is at this venue I may bring a couple 750ml's of their saisons to share. I was thinking of saving a growler of their hoppy beers from my trip up there last week but I have no self-control when it comes to their IPA's. That said, NYC has been actually getting very decent distro of HF kegs. @nahneun could comment further but I'd wager that if you're spending the weekend in NYC, you could probably find somewhere that's pouring it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very quick announcement on what we're doing for this trunk show.

(1) MTO and custom projects :

• Sartoria Formosa MTO suits & jackets (we'll have a size run to try your size) - let us know if you need to see a specific swatch books
  • G. Inglese MTO shirts (we'll also have a size run)
  • Inis Meain MTO knitwear (5 styles in linen and cotton, multiple yarn color cards)
  • Tie Your Tie MTO ties & bowties (bunch of swatches in silk, grenadine, wool, cashmere...) - customer can pick width and length
  • Frank Clegg MTO bags & briefcases (we'll have leather swatches and hardware colors)
  • Rota MTO trousers (we'll have a size run and all the Rota FW swatch cards in wool & cotton)
  • Vass MTO (we'll have leather swatches and some samples) - let us know if you need a specific size to try on, we cannot bring all sizes

(2) Other stuff
  • If you need to see and try on a specific piece/size from our store, please let us know before Nov 5 and we'll make sure to bring it there. Email [email protected] for such requests

(4) profit ?!?

• We'll be running a special 15% off on all trunk show orders
  • We have 100 special cards with a unique discount code (20% off any one order). We will be giving them out to the first 100 people who come to our booth on Nov 7. So, come early!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and I can sign autographs too

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Glad you liked it! If I can figure out what the glassware situation is at this venue I may bring a couple 750ml's of their saisons to share. I was thinking of saving a growler of their hoppy beers from my trip up there last week but I have no self-control when it comes to their IPA's. That said, NYC has been actually getting very decent distro of HF kegs. @nahneun could comment further but I'd wager that if you're spending the weekend in NYC, you could probably find somewhere that's pouring it.

Unfortunately, I'm only making it a day trip this year. :confused:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring.

Oh and I can sign autographs too

But will you sign people's chests?

the honor roll

Reaction score
Happy weekend, y'all.

Our Content Director Thierry Augustin interviewed and took pics of @Millers Oath of New York City, born in South Dakota. It's tailored style reflects it history: traditionally American, masculine elegance.

Quote:

Last edited:

the honor roll

Reaction score
Welcome to the working week!

Next up is our own @NewYorkIslander and his labor of Brooklyn love, Yellow Hook Neckties & Co. A much better history of the brand is from Rob himself, but as a fellow schoolteacher, I had to pay my respects to Mr. Rossicone!

Quote:

the honor roll

Reaction score
I need some ties....
smile.gif
There can NEVER be enough ties.

Cordone1956

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cordone1956 is going to show you some of his best products, with a special discount for new customers.

Here's an anticipation of what you will find at @theproperkit :

- MTM shirts

- MTM and bespoke jackets and suits

- Ties and pocket squares ready to wear

As already mentioned, for all new customers we reserve a special discount from 15% to 20%, in order to the type of products and to the quantity purchased.

So, are you ready for @theproperkit?

Hoping that you're as excited as us, Cordone1956's staff wishes you a good evening.

See you all next 7th november!

Cordone1956

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

As a Styleforum affiliate for over five years, we're really jazzed for the Proper Kit show! We are an NYC-based menswear shop and clothing brand. We design a dynamic collection in-house and produce at a network of factories throughout North America and Europe. We're best known for our trousers, chinos, woven shirts, and sneakers. But our assortment spans a lot further than that.

We have two storefronts in New York: one in Brooklyn (Cobble Hill) and one in Manhattan (Lower East Side). As such, we're going to bring a targeted assortment of merchandise to the Proper Kit, and focus largely on Made-To-Order pieces. I'll post a bunch of photos here over the next few days, but here's a quick rundown of what we're offering:

t's on, again! This time in a really beautiful, incredibly lighted space, on W 36th Street, just off of Fifth Avenue. The Proper Kit will have more options for customized footwear, tailoring, shirting, and accessories than any trunk show, ever. So come get kited out for the long winter and to have a drink or six with us. (There will also be some great food - Eclairs from Eclair, for one.

1) The exclusive Epaulet Chelsea Boot preorder! We're going to offer our natural-crepe soled Chelsea in six colors of suede and three colors of steerhide. A full set of size samples will be available at the show for fittings. Place the preorder now for delivery in March 2016. Any preorders placed at the show will receive a matched belt for free.

2) Our partners at Luigi Bianchi Mantova will be on hand to offer Made To Order sportcoats and suits. Any orders placed at the show will be 10% off

3) We'll also have our good friends from Individualized Shirts on hand for Made To Order shirting. Order two shirts and receive a $50 gift certificate. Buy three and get a $75 gift certificate. Or buy four shirts and receive a fifth for free.

4) Attendees of the show will receive a coupon for 15% off any full-price stock items at our two NYC storefronts. You can redeem it in person at our storefronts anytime between 11/7 and 11/15.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
t's on, again! This time in a really beautiful, incredibly lighted space, on W 36th Street, just off of Fifth Avenue. The Proper Kit will have more options for customized footwear, tailoring, shirting, and accessories than any trunk show, ever. So come get kited out for the long winter and to have a drink or six with us. (There will also be some great food - Eclairs from Eclair, for one.

1) The exclusive Epaulet Chelsea Boot preorder! We're going to offer our natural-crepe soled Chelsea in six colors of suede and three colors of steerhide. A full set of size samples will be available at the show for fittings. Place the preorder now for delivery in March 2016. Any preorders placed at the show will receive a matched belt for free.

2) Our partners at Luigi Bianchi Mantova will be on hand to offer Made To Order sportcoats and suits. Any orders placed at the show will be 10% off

3) We'll also have our good friends from Individualized Shirts on hand for Made To Order shirting. Order two shirts and receive a $50 gift certificate. Buy three and get a $75 gift certificate. Or buy four shirts and receive a fifth for free.

4) Attendees of the show will receive a coupon for 15% off any full-price stock items at our two NYC storefronts. You can redeem it in person at our storefronts anytime between 11/7 and 11/15.
Nice offers, Mike. Also, notice the highlighted part. You can start your keto diet on Monday.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to The Proper Kit.

Thank you for your RSVP. We are pleased to announce that several vendors have extended special offers for attendees of The Proper Kit. Please see all the details below - most are only good the day of the show, so you’ll have to be there in person to get the deal!
To see the full list of our vendors, please visit us here.

**Please note - due to the number of anticipated guests, you may experience a short wait time at the door. Thanks for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you there!
———

Bruce Boyer Book Signing: True Style
Mr. G. Bruce Boyer will be signing copies of his book, True Style, from 11:30 to 3:00 on the 11th floor.
Copies of Mr. Boyer's "True Style" are available for pre-sale here (for pickup at the show - please bring valid ID). We will only have a limited number for sale - if you want to ensure you receive a signed copy, pre-order one now.

Monsieur Fox:
We are pleased to extend several special deals to trunk show attendees:
1)We will be offering 20% off all purchases for the first 10 customers.
2) Buy one tie, and receive any pocket square for $25 (retail price $50)
3) Secret offer on select ties - stop by our table for more info!

Ben by JW:
We will be offering a 10% off card to anyone who comes to see us at the show. Lasts through December 31st, 2015!

Bespoke Couture:
We are pleased to present the following special deals, offered only for the duration of the event:
1) 10% off Made To Order (MTO) Jackets and Pants to the first 50 customers. We will have try-on jacket and pant models available during The Proper Kit.

2) 15% off our handmade Goodyear-welted footwear to the first 50 customers.

3) 15% off our Made To Measure ((MTM) Shirts (white Bespoke Couture books only - come to our table for details) to the first 50 customers.

4) 15% off our Made To Measure (MTM) suits to the first 50 customers.
Bianca Mosca:
We will be offering 15% off the standard list price for all items purchased on Saturday at The Proper Kit.

We will be offering a special one-off tote bag at an incredible discount: our Grade A Alligator tote, in St. Tropez Blue. The list price of this stunning bag is $12,500, but on the day of the trunk show we will be offering it to one lucky customer for a special price of $8,750.

Panta Clothing:
Please enjoy the following special prices on some of our most popular goods:
1) 6/7 fold Silk and Cashmere Ties for $89 (down from $109-$119)

2) Heritage Pants in Holland and Sherry Flannel for $349 (down from $399-429)
3) Signature pants for $189-289 (down from $239-339)
4) Wool/Silk scarves for $199 (down from $229)
5) Calf and cordovan Buday shoes (in stock) for $589-779 (down from $659-$899)
6) 10% off all made-to-measure pant orders

Epaulet New York:
During The Proper Kit, we’ll be running an exclusive Epaulet Chelsea Boot preorder! We're going to offer our natural-crepe soled Chelsea in six colors of suede and three colors of steerhide. A full set of size samples will be available at the show for fittings. Place the preorder now for delivery in March 2016. Any preorders placed at the show will receive a matched belt for free.

Our partners at Luigi Bianchi Mantova will be on hand to offer MTO sportcoats and suits.
Any orders placed at the show will be 10% off

We'll also have our good friends from Individualized Shirts on hand for MTO shirting.
Order two shirts and receive a $50 gift certificate. Buy three and get a $75 gift certificate. Buy four shirts and receive a fifth for free.

In addition, attendees of the show who stop by our booth will receive a coupon for 15% off any full-price stock items at our two NYC storefronts. You can redeem it in person at our storefronts anytime between 11/7 and 11/15.

Francesco Serraiocco:
We are pleased to offer 20% off all suits, jackets, shirts, ties, pocket squares when they are ordered at the trunk show.
All suits and jackets ordered at The Proper Kit will also come with a free bespoke tie or pocket square.

No Man Walks Alone;

We'll be running a special 15% off on all trunk show orders
We have 100 special cards with a unique discount code (20% off any one order). We will be giving them out to the first 100 people who come to our booth on Nov 7. So, come early!

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Styleforum itself will be debuting its collaboration with Rider Boot (@RIDER ).

Here is a little glimpse of what we have in store for you:

There will be 12 different iterations of these balmoral boots available for MTO and GMTO. If there is a minimum of 6 boots of any one configuration ordered, the order will be considered a GMTO.

Here is the pricing.
Calf and suede versions: $475 + shipping ($20 within the USA, and $50 outside of the USA - these are discounted average rates). Retail is $635. For individual MTOs (i.e. we can't make the 6 pair minimum) + $75 (cost)
Shell Cordovan versions: $975 + shipping (same as above) for GMTO. Individual MTO is same as above, + $75.

Come by the Styleforum "booth", ahem, right up the stairs on the penthouse floor, and you can take a look at these, try on the first iterations of our leather jacket collaborations with @LuxireStudio , or try out some of @the shah 's Frank Leder cosmetics. It's a mixed bag, as Styleforum tries its hardest to be.

If I am not running around like a crazy man, which is likely to be the case, maybe we can have a cup of genmaicha together.

Or a little bit of bourbon.

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads