• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald House

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions
100% of proceeds Benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities.

Hi All,

Of all the many traditions we all have, this is the one of which I am most proud. We are holding auctions of items donated by retailers and designers, 100% of the proceeds to go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (rmhc.org), which helps to house and feed the families of children who must travel for medical treatment. During the holiday season, illness and being away from the comfort of home is especially stressful, and I love that we can help. in a small way. alleviate some of this stress.

Last year, we raised over $16K over the course of the month. Please bid generously and helps surpass this. There are some terrific items donated already, and we are expecting more donations to roll in as the season rolls in. Each auction will take 24 hours, starting as close to 10 a.m. PST as I am able to make it, and ending the same time the next day. All auctions will start at 50% of the retail price.

Here is the schedule as we have it, so far.

1) Saturday, Dec 6 9 a.m. - Sunday, Dec 7. 9.a.m. - Linjer donates a Soft Black Briefcase, retail $489, current indiegogo value at $399

2) Sun, Dec 7 9 a.m. - Monday Dec 8. 9.a.m. @Kent Wang custom suit, valued at $795 made-to-measure suit and details page. If the winner wants to upgrade the fabric, they may at cost. For international bidders, Styleforum will cover the additional shipping charge.

3) Monday, Dec 8, 9 a.m. to Tuesday, Dec 9, 9 a.m. @ChrisNeedSupply Need Supply exclusive Union Hill Alden Indy Boot, valued at $551

4) Tuesday, Dec 9 9 a.m. - Wednesday Dec 10. 9.a.m. @HonourMark Blue British Motorcycle jacket, retail at $1095. (I don't own this, but I own a vest. It's really nice, and some of my favorite retailers who saw me with it really liked it.)

5. Wednesday, Dec 10 9 a.m. - Thursday Dec 11. 9 a.m. No Man Walks Alone's @gdl203 doncates a Calabrese leather weekender + Drake's scarf (winner's choice) and a pair of Dore-Dore wool/cashmere socks. Total retail value about $1000

6: Thursday Dec 11. 9 a.m.- Friday, Dec 12, 9 a.m. Fine men's accesssories from Exquisite Trimmings:
Bespoke tie + gloves (love me some peccary gloves) + (Colombo) cashmere scarf

7. Saturday, Dec 13, 10 a.m. - Sunday, Dec 14, 10. a.m. A winter package from Shoepassion.
The winner will receive a pair of boots (he can choose from among four shoe models (up to 309€ = 390$)), a matching belt (69€ = 85$), and a pair of shoetrees (29,90€ = 35$), as well as shoe wax (12,9€ = 16$), shoe polish (12,9€ = 16$), sole edge dressing (4,95€ = 6$), and a soft cotton cloth (2,5€ = 3$). Retail value: $548 (USD)

8. Sunday, Dec 14, 19.a.m. - Monday, Dec 16, 10 a.m. A bespoke Tweed jacket from Molloy and Sons or Porter and Harding cloth by
@David Reeves

9. Monday, Dec 15 10 a.m. - Tuesday, Dec 16, 10 a.m. Yellow Hook Tie a Camel Vicuna/Cashmere number, from Yellow Hook Neckties, with a retail value of $299, donated by our own @NewYorkIslander

10. Tuesday, Dec 16, 10 a.m. - Wednesday, Dec 17, 10 a.m. Southwick MTO Navy Hopsack sportsjacket by @Epaulet

11. Wednesday, Dec 17, 9 a.m.- Thursday, Dec 18. 9a.m. Any stock Trickers boots or shoes from @Shoehealer
I personally love these:

12. Thursday, Dec 18. 10 a.m - Friday, Dec 19, 10 a.m.
MTO Edward Green shoes or boots (standard, non-exotic leathers only) from @Leaves of Skoaktiebolaget. I will be bidding on these. I can already see my Galways on a gunboat last that I will wear with my long winter coats. Sorta the fancy version of a member of the Night's Watch.

13. Friday, Dec 19 10 a.m to Saturday, Dec 20, 10 a.m. Any footwear with original retail under $1000 from @TheWorldsFinest

14. Saturday, Dec 20, 10 a.m. - Sunday, Dec 21, 10. a.m. A pair of MTM shirts from CEGO shirtmakers, our own, inestimable @Shirtmaven . 2 custom made shirts. value up to $500 Pick from any in stock fabric except Alumo, Mother-of-Pearl buttons.
shirts will be made in Our NYC workroom.. Any style cuff, collar, etc, is permissible.
The winner would have to be measured in NYC.

15: Sunday Dec 21 10 a.m. to Monday Dec 22 10 a.m. Eidos and @NickPollica are graciously providing a MTM sportscoat in any of their Group 1 fabrics.

16: Monday, Dec 22 10 a.m. to Tuesday, Dec 23, 10 a.m. Holiday package from Bespoke England, @Nick A details to follow.

17. Friday, Dec 26, 10 a.m. to Saturday, Dec 27, 10 a.m. Viberg boots donates a pair of Midnight kudu service boots. Retail $710.

18. Saturday, Dec 27, 10 a.m. to Monday, Dec 29, 10 a.m. "Gentleman's casual dress" package from The Armoury, approximate retail $1901:
Rostan overcoats from Justo Gimeno, a Hurlingham bag from Ettinger, and a Lock flat cap
Rostan overcoat:

+ Ettinger Hurlingham overnight bag

+Lock&Co. flat cap:

In addition to all of this,​
@SpooPoker
is donating 10 mn% of the total revenue from this Luxeswap auctions from this week in our name, to the cause. Thanks man!​

Thanks guys. Get your pennies and paddles ready, and let's make this a success for a really great charity.​

Cheers,​

Fok.​

P.S. If you bid and win at a hammer price of over $1K or the retail price of the items, you may be granted the special title of "Alpha-M".​

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wahay.

What happened to 'rubber chicken for charity'?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tons of nice stuff
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Exactly. Get your pennies lined up.

Cheers,

Fok.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a link for those of us who will not bid? I would still like to donate.

It is tempting to bid on that Reeves bespoke piece and give it to Matt as a gift. It will be known as a Tweed Summit.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
subscribed!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a link for those of us who will not bid? I would still like to donate.

It is tempting to bid on that Reeves bespoke piece and give it to Matt as a gift. It will be known as a Tweed Summit.
Hi,

There is no direct link. However, if you send a personal Paypal to [email protected], with "Donation - RMHC" in the subject line, we will include that in the donation at the end of the year. The reason that we do it this way is that RMHC, for special fund drives, typically uses a commercial donation site that takes a % of the proceeds. While these services are needed, I see no reason to give them any percentage of the funds that we raise, especially since we have the infrastructure to do this inhouse in an organized, legal, fashion.

Unfortunately, we do not have a non-profit designation, and therefore cannot give you a receipt for a tax writeoff. We meant to make a foundation, and we may yet, but apparently (according to our accountant, and also our lawyer), it's another big $$$ sink to set one up and administer it, and not worth it unless you are taking in the big $$$. One day I hope that we'll be in the position to want/need to do that.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction 1: Linjer Soft Black Briefcase.
Ends Sunday, Dec 7. 9.a.m. PDT​
Let's start the bidding... now.

Linjer donates a Soft Black Briefcase, retail $489, current indiegogo value at $399. This item is from one of our newest affiliates, and while I have not had any personal experience with the bag, @rach2jlc , our resident bag expert, says that it's the real deal, especially at the price.

Let's start the bidding at $185. The minimum increment on a bid will be $10. Please announce bids on this thread. If you wish to be anonymous, you may PM me, and I will proxy the bid for you.

Important note: The bidding will not end if there has been a bid in the last 10 minutes, regardless of time. So, for example, if there is a bid at 8:59 tomorrow morning, the bidding will go on until 9:09, and if there is a bid before or at that time, the bidding will continue. Essentially, sniping is not going to be effective. It's for charity, y'all.

Here are some pictures of the case to make you all weep and bid generously and often:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads