• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style Recommandation for Highschool

ZLChaos

Reaction score
Hi all,

Fashion wise I'm quite new to the scence though I've always thought myself quite stylish for my age (15). Recently I've wanted to update my wardorbe for a new highschool I'm heading too. In doing so I bought a book by Alan Fussler "Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion" which I found a bit helpful but it applies to suits so I'm trying make a parrel to it with urban ware.

If anyone could help me out here, what I'm trying to achieve here is something thats classic but able to mix with urban clothing so I can still blend into my new school enviroment but also stands out. I also go clubbing so I like something that can be good for both day and night. So far I been modeling the models in Urban Behavior as the patterns and colours mix well.

Any suggestions for accesories, shoes, clothing would be extremely helpful to me.

PS: I like a pernament wardorbe so I don't have to spend tons of money to go with the colours and trends for the season.

lawandorder360

Reaction score
I'm in high school as well.

As far as shoes go, a great pair of brown shoes. Puma makes some nice brown leather shoes, usually not too expensive. I've also got Cole Haan's which are great but can wear down very easily. The best purchase I've ever made was a pair of Bally laceup shoes on sale for 50% off. Make sure the shoes look nice and fit your style, and they should be comfortable. If you're looking for a moderately expensive pair of shoes to love for years, you better make sure they're near perfect!'

Accessories: I have a thing for wallets, and a great wallet will last you many years. Look for something slim that will fit in your pockets with ease. Money clips are nice and thin, and look classy. Try something plain and silver for a classic look. Also, if you live in a cold climate, a scarf is a great thing to have. I got a Harrison cashmere grey scarf for about 50 dollars last year.

Hope this helps!

mdk

Reaction score
i think it's really helpful to look through waywt threads and browse online shops to just see what you like and dislike.

moykky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZLChaos
Hi all,

Fashion wise I'm quite new to the scence though I've always thought myself quite stylish for my age (15). Recently I've wanted to update my wardorbe for a new highschool I'm heading too. In doing so I bought a book by Alan Fussler "Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion" which I found a bit helpful but it applies to suits so I'm trying make a parrel to it with urban ware.

If anyone could help me out here, what I'm trying to achieve here is something thats classic but able to mix with urban clothing so I can still blend into my new school enviroment but also stands out. I also go clubbing so I like something that can be good for both day and night. So far I been modeling the models in Urban Behavior as the patterns and colours mix well.

Any suggestions for accesories, shoes, clothing would be extremely helpful to me.

PS: I like a pernament wardorbe so I don't have to spend tons of money to go with the colours and trends for the season.

Ummm... Wait for couple of years and you will find your own style. Otherwise you don't HAVE style.
smile.gif

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by moykky
Ummm... Wait for couple of years and you will find your own style. Otherwise you don't HAVE style.
smile.gif

exactly. Even if you do buy things some are considered 'timeless' there's no guarantee you'd want to wear them in a few years when you do develop your own sense of style.

My only advice would be to not spend very much money.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In high school, I wore black ankle boots, brown ankle boots, black monkstraps, and I never wore jeans. I wore a lot of sweaters. It worked out pretty well. I was going to a public high school in which dressing "up" would not have worked out particularly well for socialization, but I managed to dress nicely and do some interesting things without being entirely too ostentatious.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
exactly. Even if you do buy things some are considered 'timeless' there's no guarantee you'd want to wear them in a few years when you do develop your own sense of style.

My only advice would be to not spend very much money.

Yep, don't rush things. IMO, a style shouldn't be contrived or based solely on someone's recommendations, but an expression of one's personality. At 15, I'm certain taking care of your body and having fitting clothes will make you look alot better than your peers.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
Have as much fun with your wardrobe as you can when you're young. You have your whole life to learn 'the rules.'

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear jeans and t-shirts that fit properly, and you'll already be more stylish than a good percentage of american teenagers out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads