• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Style Recommandation for Highschool

ZLChaos

New Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Fashion wise I'm quite new to the scence though I've always thought myself quite stylish for my age (15). Recently I've wanted to update my wardorbe for a new highschool I'm heading too. In doing so I bought a book by Alan Fussler "Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion" which I found a bit helpful but it applies to suits so I'm trying make a parrel to it with urban ware.

If anyone could help me out here, what I'm trying to achieve here is something thats classic but able to mix with urban clothing so I can still blend into my new school enviroment but also stands out. I also go clubbing so I like something that can be good for both day and night. So far I been modeling the models in Urban Behavior as the patterns and colours mix well.

Any suggestions for accesories, shoes, clothing would be extremely helpful to me.

PS: I like a pernament wardorbe so I don't have to spend tons of money to go with the colours and trends for the season.
 

lawandorder360

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
53
Reaction score
1
I'm in high school as well.

As far as shoes go, a great pair of brown shoes. Puma makes some nice brown leather shoes, usually not too expensive. I've also got Cole Haan's which are great but can wear down very easily. The best purchase I've ever made was a pair of Bally laceup shoes on sale for 50% off. Make sure the shoes look nice and fit your style, and they should be comfortable. If you're looking for a moderately expensive pair of shoes to love for years, you better make sure they're near perfect!'

Accessories: I have a thing for wallets, and a great wallet will last you many years. Look for something slim that will fit in your pockets with ease. Money clips are nice and thin, and look classy. Try something plain and silver for a classic look. Also, if you live in a cold climate, a scarf is a great thing to have. I got a Harrison cashmere grey scarf for about 50 dollars last year.

Hope this helps!
 

mdk

Active Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
i think it's really helpful to look through waywt threads and browse online shops to just see what you like and dislike.
 

moykky

Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by ZLChaos
Hi all,

Fashion wise I'm quite new to the scence though I've always thought myself quite stylish for my age (15). Recently I've wanted to update my wardorbe for a new highschool I'm heading too. In doing so I bought a book by Alan Fussler "Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion" which I found a bit helpful but it applies to suits so I'm trying make a parrel to it with urban ware.

If anyone could help me out here, what I'm trying to achieve here is something thats classic but able to mix with urban clothing so I can still blend into my new school enviroment but also stands out. I also go clubbing so I like something that can be good for both day and night. So far I been modeling the models in Urban Behavior as the patterns and colours mix well.

Any suggestions for accesories, shoes, clothing would be extremely helpful to me.

PS: I like a pernament wardorbe so I don't have to spend tons of money to go with the colours and trends for the season.


Ummm... Wait for couple of years and you will find your own style. Otherwise you don't HAVE style.
 

Ott

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
718
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by moykky
Ummm... Wait for couple of years and you will find your own style. Otherwise you don't HAVE style.

exactly. Even if you do buy things some are considered 'timeless' there's no guarantee you'd want to wear them in a few years when you do develop your own sense of style.

My only advice would be to not spend very much money.
 

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Messages
1,228
Reaction score
6
In high school, I wore black ankle boots, brown ankle boots, black monkstraps, and I never wore jeans. I wore a lot of sweaters. It worked out pretty well. I was going to a public high school in which dressing "up" would not have worked out particularly well for socialization, but I managed to dress nicely and do some interesting things without being entirely too ostentatious.
 

Flame

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
1,700
Reaction score
56
Originally Posted by Ott
exactly. Even if you do buy things some are considered 'timeless' there's no guarantee you'd want to wear them in a few years when you do develop your own sense of style.

My only advice would be to not spend very much money.

Yep, don't rush things. IMO, a style shouldn't be contrived or based solely on someone's recommendations, but an expression of one's personality. At 15, I'm certain taking care of your body and having fitting clothes will make you look alot better than your peers.
 

StevenRocks

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
617
Reaction score
0
Have as much fun with your wardrobe as you can when you're young. You have your whole life to learn 'the rules.'
 

sonick

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
6,033
Reaction score
484
Wear jeans and t-shirts that fit properly, and you'll already be more stylish than a good percentage of american teenagers out there.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 70 8.6%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 48 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.1%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 52 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,041
Messages
9,227,505
Members
193,695
Latest member
mohammedyusri
Top