• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style Forum's golden age?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
A lot of the references here I don't understand at all. I guess not experiencing the posts of such former members as Ernest and Josh keeps a person from ever really feeling a part of the camaraderie.
you're not missing anything. ernest, and the cult of ernest, were annoying. ernest would turn every interesting thread into his personal blog, and then his fan club (i won't name names) would inject ernest jokes into every other thread. 'dunheel' and 'brown is for farmer' got old real fast.

raley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'd say it was somewhere in the middle (circa 2003-5)

one aspect I've always found amusement in is how there are some posters who dish out advice/opinions and it's the equivalent of a virgin giving out advice/opinons on being a good lover. Sure, he looks at a lot of Appreciation, jacks off daily, has been to strip clubs and gotten a lapdance, and MIGHT have even gotten a ******* once.....but he's never had sex and he's dishing out advice on being Casanova.

Definitely agree with this. This is why I tend to lurk more than post
smile.gif
, although now I suppose I can offer a little more insight into the SW&D discussion. There are only a few members though who when I read their posts I audibly groan, but what can you do? At some point, someone will get annoyed and tell them off, and hopefully they will go back to lurking
laugh.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wasted some of my employer's time, perusing this thread--a nice trip down memory lane with Ernest, Kalra (surprised nobody mentioned his putative return as "Styleman"), the T4Phage-Shooman wars, the short-lived appearance of ClassyFreddy, et al. However, it amazes me that there could have been 92 posts on the Golden Age of SF without a single mention of the infamous...

BLACK SUIT THREAD!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads