• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Style forum

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I believe today is the exact second birthday for the Style Forum. At least, it's when the site was available and the first members registered. Just thought everyone would agree that it's been a good run and -- hopefully -- will keep going for quite some time. Thanks go to j (and the pitiful state of the GQ forum). Here's to two great years and many more to come.

FCS

Reaction score
To many more years to come...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, thanks. Cheers to everyone who's made it a good place to be, especially the old schoolers who stuck it out the first while when there was no one else to talk to.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks. Cheers to everyone who's made it a good place to be, especially the old schoolers who stuck it out the first while when there was no one else to talk to.
Isn't it funny how much the sophistication of the discussions have grown. I mean, look at the first month of threads, it's like, "I got these jeans, what do jeans look good with?" Ha, I remember there was like a dozen guys on here in the begining... It's awesome that were approaching over 700 members.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations -

I know that I've certainly learned a lot over the past two years and I hope my replies and questions have helped others as well.

Bradford

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Thanks to J. for the conception and seamless administration of this Forum. And many, many kudos to you members for making it what it is today. May we all have many more.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
I can't believe it has been 2 years. If you were here back in March 2002 stand-up. I recognize a bunch of names, but am sure I am forgetting some (for the record, I believe I was the 10th member to join, or somewhere around there).

NavyStyles

Reaction score
GQL, buddy, you underestimate yourself. You were #4.

j, are you still the "Chief Proponent of Semicolons"? I remember something of that sort on your profile.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
#4.............................

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, still chief proponent of semicolons. As briefly discussed elsewhere, somehow I have 2 accounts and the one that is working now is not the one with the semicolon signature. I do like to promote the semicolon when possible; it is undoubtedly the most maligned and misunderstood punctuation mark. I guess I will have to fix my profile.

Here are the first 20 members (besides me; I am the first 2 (?)):

1. Steve B.
2. Navystyles
3. Jofaile
4. GQ Lawyer
5. GQgeek
6. GatorStyle
7. Paldo
8. Mike C.
9. isaac17
10. AJE
11. AmericanDevil
12. Sevcom
13. Marcus
14. PConsultant
15. Dalton
16. GQ-TKE
17. Devil
18. Europe's Finest
19. nickgio
20. Sprocket Jockey

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I'll do my best to get the use of semicolons out there. Whenever I write papers, I try to employ a method that an old English teacher of mine called "semicolon-smart word." An example would be as follows: "The main objective of a college education is to prepare students for life; therefore, maintaining diversity is important." (Sorry, that was the best example I could find in any of the papers I have on my hard drive.)

besides me; I am the first 2 (?)
Hey man, you're just THAT important.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

I believe today is the exact second birthday for the Style Forum. At least, it's when the site was available and the first members registered. Just thought everyone would agree that it's been a good run and -- hopefully -- will keep going for quite some time. Thanks go to j (and the pitiful state of the GQ forum). Here's to two great years and many more to come.
I think it's just a fad, like cellphones.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Hahaha I remember the GQ forums, they (and Socal) led me here.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy