1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Style Forum NYC spring/summer event?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by chorse123, Apr 28, 2006.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

First of all, let me say how gratified I am that so many of you are able to attend on one of the only few days in the past several years that I will be in NYC to be there.

So are Grey Flannel Man, cuffthis and globetrotter also in for the 4th in the evening?

count me in

2. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

First of all, let me say how gratified I am that so many of you are able to attend on one of the only few days in the past several years that I will be in NYC to be there.

So are Grey Flannel Man, cuffthis and globetrotter also in for the 4th in the evening?

Most likely, yes!

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Spouses and significant others are welcome to attend--I felt bad the last time we had brunch. It was a bunch of dudes talking about clothes... and Duveen's girlfriend who was nice enough to sit and chat with us.

For the financially challenged, I thought Chorse had a good idea with the culinary institute. With a growing group, mid-sized venues are probably tougher to reserve.

my 2 cents...

1) norcaltransplant (1, maybe 2)
    2) gdl
    3) Chorse123
    4) aportnoy
    5) P's boyfriend
    6) globetrotter

4. dah328

dah328 Senior member

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

Have we settled on a definite time and place? Is it Culinary Institute at 7:00?

6. globetrotter

7. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

One problem: l'ecole is closed on Sunday. Any other recommendations in the same range? Did we decide on female guests? My wife will come if we are inviting them, but that may give us too large a party.

Here's what I have so far. Let me know if you'd like to attend or no longer can. I will be making a reservation soon, but we need to pick a replacement.

Dinner
    Chorse123 (perhaps +1)
    norcaltransplant
    gdl203
    aportnoy
    Nantucket Red
    globetrotter
    dah328

8. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Feel free to make a suggestion, chorse. I don't have much in the way of Manhattan restaurant recommendations.

9. globetrotter

if you are interested - I can suggest a great chinese and a great thai place where we will be able to get space, the food is great, and they aren't too expensive.

if wives are coming - I will bring my wife, as well.

oh, and as I will mention in a post soon, I will be employed by that point and if the concensus is to go slightly more upscale that works for me, as well.

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

As long as they're in Manhattan either or both sound great to me, globe. I love both.

EDIT - I live in Brooklyn, by the way. Just think Manhattan would be more convenient as a meeting place.

11. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Of the two, I'd lean towards the Chinese one so long as it's a place amenable to suits. Lots of Chinese places around me are not.

12. norcaltransplant

One vote for Thai. Im really really not a fan of Chinese food.

Ill suggest another option: Craftbar

13. globetrotter

I recomend Sriprapai in jackson heights - maybe the most authentic thai place in nyc or joe's ginger, a very good chinese place in china town. I would say both are pretty suit friendly. joe's ginger is close to little italy, where we could go for coffe and pastry afterwords. both are by subway stops

but I am open to any other options, as well. anyone want to vote on it?

14. norcaltransplant

FYI, spouses and significant other welcomed. Is Mack, Earthmover, Ceestand, or Billiebob interested in attending? Anyone else I forgot? Come forth ye lurkers, its always good to shoot the sh*t with fresh ideas.

15. globetrotter

16. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

That pecorino fondue at Craftbar looks tempting, but so does the soft shell crab at Sripraphai.

There's a chance I may be bringing along a college buddy who recently finished law school.

17. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

if you are interested - I can suggest a great chinese and a great thai place where we will be able to get space, the food is great, and they aren't too expensive.

if wives are coming - I will bring my wife, as well.

oh, and as I will mention in a post soon, I will be employed by that point and if the concensus is to go slightly more upscale that works for me, as well.

Hey, hey, congratulations are in order on the new job.

18. dah328

dah328 Senior member

If we're taking votes, I'm for Craftbar.

19. globetrotter

Hey, hey, congratulations are in order on the new job.

thank you

20. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

I would like to attend if at all possible, and I think June 4th seems like I can. So yes, count me in.