• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style Forum Amazon Store

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I finally revived the SF library and added a TON of stuff to it. About 150 clothing/style books, 150+ stylish movies, some fiction, and some closet/home accessories are up right now.

http://astore.amazon.com/thestyleforum-20

Please check it out and let me know if there's anything else I should add. I could particularly use help with the "Stylish Fiction" section... by the time I got to that it was about 5 in the morning and I was out of creativity. I will probably also add a section for music and personal accessories (like address books, pens, etc.)

Tell me what you think!

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Nice, j! If we buy through the SF store, does that automatically get the forum its piece of the action?

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazon told me that "The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11" is related to a clothes brush: was it perhaps soiled suiting (rather than the gays) that caused God to lift the veil of protection over America?!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gatsby, unless I missed it.

Which gives me an excuse to post this excerpt again:

"He took out a pile of shirts and began throwing them, one by one, before us, shirts of sheer linen and thick silk and fine flannel, which lost their folds as they fell and covered the table in many-colored disarray. While we admired he brought more and the soft rich heap mounted higher—shirts with stripes and scrolls and plaids in coral and apple-green and lavender and faint orange, and monograms of Indian blue. Suddenly, with a strained sound, Daisy bent her head into the shirts and began to cry stormily.

“They’re such beautiful shirts,” she sobbed, her voice muffled in the thick folds. “It makes me sad because I’ve never seen such—such beautiful shirts before.”

That always makes me laugh, but in a good way.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday

"They're such beautiful shirts," she sobbed, her voice muffled in the thick folds. "It makes me sad because I've never seen such"”such beautiful shirts before."

This is what I thought of when I recently recieved a box of assorted hand-me-down shirts from Ed Morel's closet.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday I ordered an item that's now featured in the Style Forum Amazon store
frown.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Gatsby, unless I missed it.

Which gives me an excuse to post this excerpt again:

"He took out a pile of shirts and began throwing them, one by one, before us, shirts of sheer linen and thick silk and fine flannel, which lost their folds as they fell and covered the table in many-colored disarray. While we admired he brought more and the soft rich heap mounted higher"”shirts with stripes and scrolls and plaids in coral and apple-green and lavender and faint orange, and monograms of Indian blue. Suddenly, with a strained sound, Daisy bent her head into the shirts and began to cry stormily.

"They're such beautiful shirts," she sobbed, her voice muffled in the thick folds. "It makes me sad because I've never seen such"”such beautiful shirts before."

Interestingly, Fitzgerald was a Hildeetch customer.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, it's not your fault... I've been forgetting to do this for a long time. Think of us in the future though, eh?
smile.gif

And yes, the forum does get a small cut of anything you order through the Amazon Store. I didn't realize until I was mostly done that it's sort of self-contained, but if you manage to link out to other stuff at Amazon, the forum gets a part of anything you order that way as well.

I was sure I had put American Psycho in there, but apparently not. It is there now. Also adding the Wodehouse stuff. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Pretty cool J. Not sure about the John Malloy book though...lots of iffy info in that one.

This reminds me to get the Poole book.
smile.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Pretty cool J. Not sure about the John Malloy book though...lots of iffy info in that one.

This reminds me to get the Poole book.
smile.gif

I know, not everything is officially endorsed. But it could be considered a historical source...
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics