• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StyfoJapan Photo Journal (for those who don't know, this means Styleforum in Japan)

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@nicelynice and I had what I'd happily call a great day today, and I imagine I should share some of the photos we took. We'll cover more of this later in dedicated articles, but this should give you a taste of what to expect.

First thing we did was head to Cafeé Kitsuneé, which is indeed affiliated with the clothing store, to grab a drink. Alex was fresh off an overnight train, so his presence - not to mention ability to act as a translator - was pretty damn impressive. Anyway, after some caffeine, we walked the five minutes to Ring Jacket for an interview and some photos. The Ring Jacket store is a very pleasant space to be in. Roomy, airy, with the most gracious hosts. We sat down in their meeting room and talked about history, tradition, and trend; as well as the brand itself. Then we took a bunch of photos. I told Alex ( @nicelynice ) that every time I'm around tailored clothing, I'm always tempted to wear it. Then I put on a collared shirt and realize it could never happen. Anyway, we'll definitely have more to share later, once we transcribe the interview and I've gotten some sleep, but it was a great start to the day. Here's the proof:

Lunchtime over, we took ourselves to Petrosolaum, which Alex will tell you more about in the future. The lowdown is: beautiful and interesting shoes handmade in Japan, with Japanese materials. Here's a teaser:

Next, we walked to Jun Hashimoto's brand new (and unfinished) showroom, which is about 5 minutes from my apartment. Jun met us, and we talked a little bit about M_Moria, his own brand...and Alex tried on some clothes.

Bonus Shiba:

Anyway, I'll post more photos as the days go by!

That's the short version, since I have to go to a concert of some sort, after which I have a date with a sake bottle. Stay tuned for more!

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This just in: my internet is sloooooowww

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't even google petrosaulam !

Edit: ha dude it's petrosolaum

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:lurk:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great stuff, really excited to hear more about petrosolaum

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Surely you mentioned our group buy aspirations to Jun (again) :satisfied:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Hashimoto-san, I have a most pressing matter to discuss-de gozaru. It is about the StyleForum group order of your Carpe Diem copies-de gozaimasu. I am gaijin-dattebayo~ I need my boots to wear with my jawnz-dattebasa. Domo Arigato~~~~~~~~~~~ Mr. Roboto~~~~~~

also where are our pics, synth-kun? you promised us more, but it is already the next day in Nippon.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes but I am running around doing very important things (talking to big John/ looking at some cool old jeans from their archive!)

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apologies for the lateness, @nahneun, but here's some stuff from Day 2! (I am keeping some back for future use) I admit I'm struggling a bit with how to format these - I don't have quite as much time to scribble here as I'd like. Perhaps the best thing to do is just keep dumping photos!

img_7968e6pxp.jpg

img_7951ozxcf.jpg

the synthese special, as worn by @therosenrot

img_7990u3r8o.jpg

img_79953zpkh.jpg

img_80033zreh.jpg

Big John denim - jeans from 1973, a selection of "vault" denim, and construction of the "Rare" line - a big thanks to Greg at No Man Walks Alone for the introduction! Expect more on Big John in the near future.

img_8018wyros.jpg

SQUAD

img_8021ilole.jpg

img_8023terd4.jpg

Aoyama flower cafe - Ispahan tea and Rose Jelly (Randolph Engineering Sunglasses and Machine Era Co minimal aluminum wallet courtesy of www.Huckberry.com)

Last edited:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that jacket is so reminiscent of current season junya. i mean that in the best way though.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting. My incredible mother made it (!!!!!!!!!!) so I dunno how aware she is of current-season Junya. Well, I do know, actually - she would have no idea what "current season Junya" even means.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads