1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

StyfoJapan Photo Journal (for those who don't know, this means Styleforum in Japan)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Synthese, Jun 10, 2015.

1. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

@Synthese will never find a table that fits

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015

2. NaTionS

NaTionS Distinguished Member

7-11 is Japanese....

The 7-11s in Asia have some delicious and cheap food, unlike whatever monstrosity they call food in the US locations.

3. Best Budz

Best Budz Senior Member

I went to a 6-11 in Ho Chi Minh City. It wasn't very good...

4. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Distinguished Member

Yoshinoya is 24-7. I've definitely had gyu-don for breakfast with some complimentary miso soup. Oh also embrace the raw eggs in everything - I did not get salmonella so neither will you. If curry were open for breakfast I would do that too.
    Also, @Synthese needs to try natto while @nicelynice documents.

5. coolron

coolron Senior Member

That Rose Jelly looked really intriguing.

6. dvskei

dvskei Senior Member

7. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Distinguished Member

dude, you're doing it wrong. my ex worked at a hedge fund, one of the (admittedly junior) analysts there told me that on a tokyo research trip his daily food budget was 10 USD. no way a writer should be getting more

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You're right. @Synthese, bring back the extra. K. Thanks.

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Not a chance. We ate most of the entire ocean tonight. I'll wait for nicelynice to post pictures, since all the ones I took are on Instagram already.

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

My favorite story from today. There's only one because I'm sleepy and going to bed:

Jasper and I were walking through Daikanyama, right past Paul Smith, and he mentions how it's (rightfully) probably the most boring brand on the planet. I point out that right across the street is something he'll find a bit more appealing: Blue Blue Japan. Now, we have an appointment this Tuesday for Blue Blue, so we don't wanna spoil things too quickly, and there's plenty to see in Tokyo. Still, I can feel Jasper's heart beating, so I know we at least need to take a quick peak. We cross the street and get ready to enter cross the threshold of jawnz.

Now, I should point out that Jasper is rocking a sweet Blue Blue indigo work coat, one of their marquee items, so it's obvious to the store staff that is indeed a fan. We take one step inside the store and I can see the smile cracking across Jasper's face. And that's all we take. Surveying the room, the entire store staff is checking out this dude undertaking some kind of religious pilgrimage to the lost lands of indigo with an utterly ridiculous grin on his face. I nudge him towards the door and the moment is lost. I don't know what we can find between now and Tuesday that can live up to Blue Blue. Maybe a cloth towel with a shiba dog on it.

Anyways, @Synthese has the daytime photos (enjoy your 4G connection!!), here's what went down after dark. Shoutout to @Auximenes and wife, @spacepope, @Rosenrot, et al - had a fantastic time!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Distinguished Member

NN, what's the jacket you're wearing to photograph goats?

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I think we did well on food today.

Our first stop this morning/brunchtime was a Japanese restaurant in...Jiyugaoka? It was phenomenally good, and Alex got a kick out of the fact that I don't fit in/on/around any of the tables. I haven't been able to sit cross-legged since I was maybe 6 years old, and I definitely can't fit my legs UNDER the tables, since they're all of about 9 inches off the ground. So...breakfast and a show!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was time for dessert, so we went to a teahouse. Matcha with milk and a chestnut sweet from Kyushu was the choice of the day - delicious, although once again the fun part was watching my try to fold my giant gaijin body into the teahouse space.

[​IMG]

Oh, and then for dessert we went to a shop called "Bake," which does...egg tarts? I don't know anything about egg tarts, but they sure were tasty even though I almost dropped mine everywhere.

[​IMG]

Then we did some boring clothes stuff. Y'know, Lift, Carrefour - looked at all of the CCP, Taichi Murakami, M.A.+, Deepti...everything we all drool over. Coolest stuff? Taichi Murakami, by far. Also, I learned that Tyvek, the stuff you make envelopes out of, is...breathable? Taichi uses it as a jacket liner. Who would have known? You'll have to read Alex's article if you want to learn more about the places we visited. After we wandered through a bookstore and some pet shops (I am on the look out for kawaii shiba goods for my two kawaii shibas), we went to the Attachment flagship space to take photos and ask some questions. It's another great shop - the space is really, really cool, and the clothes ain't bad either. Go there just to try stuff on in front of the giant mirrors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our last clothing stop before dinner was Lewis Leathers. Alex tried on a dark green cyclone that we both thought was really, really cool. It's a fun store, and a fun stop for sure. They have some vintage pieces hanging on the wall - all very cool.

[​IMG]

And then...Dinner! Which you can see above. Followed by the mother of all fruit parfaits, which you can also see above.

13. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

my only regret is not being in japan right now getting you all drunk at 4 AM. coincidentally, that is exactly what i did last night.

also, i would eat this FOREVERRRRRRR

[​IMG]

looks so mfd.... so does that teishoku....

i'm so hungry right now....

14. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Well-Known Member

One thing I've learnt about Synthese is that he's always camera-ready.

15. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

do you mean he's always perfectly photogenic (if so, it's got to be the hair) or is he always ready to take pictures?