• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stupid facebook question (tagged photos)

makushin

Reaction score
I know this is silly, but I need some input.

So the new flavor of the month tags me in photo of us. I'm still friends (both real and 'facebook) with long term gf that I broke off with in Feb. In the interest of sparing her emotions (she's having hard time still with breakup), I'm not sure she should see this picture. (and she will see it with the way facebook plasters these pictures everywhere)

I can't delete the tag because that will piss off new flavor of month. So I can either let ex see it, or make it so ex can't see ANY of my tagged photos.

I know this is sort of ridiculous, but I'm not sure how to handle this. I can't delete facebook, it's actually a great tool for getting laid.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should post the picture for us to judge.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Dude, she's your ex. Are you going to hide every girl you have involvement with in the future from her? If you're "friends" then she shouldn't give a ****, and if she gives a ****, you should tell her that it's not her place.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I made my photos so that no one can see any of them. They can still see them if they are looking through a friends photos and run across mine, but not through my profile. This is the safest way to control what sensitive material is posted about you.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Dude, she's your ex. Are you going to hide every girl you have involvement with in the future from her? If you're "friends" then she shouldn't give a ****, and if she gives a ****, you should tell her that it's not her place.

This. Although I personally thought the bluntness was a nice touch, I wouldn't have worded it like that initially.

Just keep it the photo up. Tthe sooner she gets over you, the sooner there may be a decent shot at salvaging a friendship.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson

hahah you're ninja editing isn't up to par yet. Then, it didn't really make sense in the thread.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
hahah you're ninja editing isn't up to par yet. Then, it didn't really make sense in the thread.

LOL Well I saw someone bump the thread it was supposed to be in. I didn't see my post and was like "WTF?!?!?!"

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I made my photos so that no one can see any of them. They can still see them if they are looking through a friends photos and run across mine, but not through my profile. This is the safest way to control what sensitive material is posted about you.
Same. It's a good idea to do this.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles

+1

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I forgot to add, this also allows people to see any albums you might post, so you can still share pictures but just on your own terms. It also allows people to see your past profile pictures, so make sure you remove any sensitive material from those. I'm sure these can somehow be toggled as well, but the default privacy setting for "no one can see my photos except me" does not block these features out.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Man the **** up.

I never untag pictures of myself.

Never.

You most likely are not employed/employable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads