• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STUNNING VINTAGE ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL $1200.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
VINTAGE ROLEX REF. 1002 OYSTER PERPETUAL WITH GREAT DIAL $1,200 OBRO!

I got this a year or so ago from an established and reliable watch forum member and it just is not fitting in any longer, so time for it to go.

I did not get it with any service history and I have not had it serviced. Ran 5 seconds slow during a 15-hour period but I am not big on timing my watches since I switch so often; your results may vary. As you probably know, it is 34 mm w/o crown. Serial number appears to date it to 1983. Crown screws in flawlessly.

The great thing about this piece is the dial, which is at once unusual, beautiful and very difficult to photograph. The basic color is gray, with a texture that is somewhat like linen and granite, if you could combine the two. I have done my best to photograph it. The area between 4:00 and 7:00 is a little darker but doesn’t appear to be damaged. Hairlines here and there on case and bezel, not discernible on the wrist. Crystal looks clear to me under my magnifying glass.

I do not know the movement. I am not capable of removing the back. I do not know if the watch was ever polished and I have not had it polished. Please refer to the pictures and make your own assessment.

It comes on a genuine Teju lizard NOS strap in gray that I sourced from an excellent supplier of NOS exotics with what I was told is a Rolex buckle when I bought it. It complements the watch perfectly IMO.

Basically, I am giving you all of the information I got when I bought it. Also, these are as many pictures as I got—probably more, actually—so please do your best to make a decision with what I have provided.

This is a lot of watch for the money and it certainly presents beautifully on the wrist. Very elegant without being “over the top.” For me, the absence of a date makes it even more desirable (another reason I am getting into vintage chronos.)

If you are a young professional looking for a distinctive Rolex dress model at a price you can afford, I don’t think you could do better and you can always go with a more “conventional” black strap if the gray extends the boundaries of your taste profile a bit.

TERMS: PAYMENT BY PAYPAL AT TIME OF PURCHASE, INCLUDES SHIPPING TO CONUS (AND CONUS ONLY) VIA USPS PRIORITY WITH FULL INSURANCE.

Attachments

• 1002.jpg
    1002.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 50
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 67
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 50
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 50
  • R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 54
  • R4.jpg
    R4.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 50
  • R5.jpg
    R5.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 49
  • R6.jpg
    R6.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 60
  • R7.JPG
    R7.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads