1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Stunning Stubbs and Wootton Black Velvet Slippers. Red Devil. US10

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by ctk7, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctk7

ctk7 Active Member

Up for sale is a pair of Stubbs and Wootton Black Velvet Slippers Size 10US in superb condition. Red Devil embroidery. Red grosgrain trim. Worn just a few times as can be seen from the soles. Velvet uppers are in great condition. Comes with shoe bag and S&W cloth. Shoe trees not included.

The insole length is 11 inches, and the outsole length is 11.25 inches.

Please PM me if you want some additional pics. Will trade for other S&W Size 11US or sell for $230 shipped CONUS. International shipping will be additional and calculated on a case by case basis.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Where and in what setting are these appropriate?

I'm guessing a strip club.

3. ctk7

ctk7 Active Member

hmmm.. though wearing them to a strip club would certainly entitle you to VIP service, I wouldn't recommend it. Spilled drinks are not kind on velvet slippers.

The magic of S&W velvet slippers is that they can make that seamless transition from casual to formal settings, as they look equally amazing with jeans or shorts as with flannel trousers or tux pants. Granted, not everyone can pull them off, but if you can... well, the strip club will come to you, shall we say.

4. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Haha I completely agree, I always see these pop up on eBay - i just couldn't grasp the setting. Personally, I am a fan of the Skull n Crossbones embroidery.

5. jobro

jobro Senior member

Do these fit true to size?

6. ctk7

ctk7 Active Member

Thank you for asking. Since several people have asked me the same thing via PM, I will post here what I've told them.

Yes, they do fit true to size. I'm a size 11 in most shoes and have several S&W pairs in size 11, and they fit me perfectly. I have one 11.5 and it feels a little lose. They are still quite wearable, and not as bad as going a size too small, but not an ideal fit. If the measurements seem to correspond to a smaller shoe size it might be due to the fact that S&Ws need to fit nicely around your foot for greater comfort and wear. Go a full size too large and you'll end up with velvet flip-flops. Go a size too small (as I did with this pair) and you end up with a Chinese foot press.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.