• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stuhrling watch

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Total POS. Buy a Seiko 5 for the same, or less money.

Twotone

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
Total POS. Buy a Seiko 5 for the same, or less money. Twotone
awww, blow it out your ass fanboy.
fight[1].gif
at $75 you're not getting a quality watch. Stuhrlings are cheap copies of much more expensive watches. The second one you posted kicks the crap out of any seiko5 in the looks department.

linsook

Reaction score
Good customer service pretty good value for what you get. I don't own one however I do like some of their designs. The only issue I have with them is their slightly less than forthcoming details of the origins of the movements they use (All Chinese now). They try to push some garbage about Swiss origins blah blah... other than that, go buy one. I'm really into and respect Chinese movements/watches but, I can't say the same for the rest of the folk here. I'm sure most would disagree with all your choices, you can see by most of the responses. If its not 'Swiss' or European and sometimes Japanese, these bitches don't dig. ******* drones. http://www.shopnbc.com/Watches/Stuhr...l/Default.aspx Thats the main site they sell on I think. http://watchgeeks.net/forumindex.php And thats a forum where they post and have a cult following. You'd probably get a better response there but watch out, the people on there are equally clueless.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linsook
Good customer service pretty good value for what you get. I don't own one however I do like some of their designs. The only issue I have with them is their slightly less than forthcoming details of the origins of the movements they use (All Chinese now). They try to push some garbage about Swiss origins blah blah... other than that, go buy one. I'm really into and respect Chinese movements/watches but, I can't say the same for the rest of the folk here. I'm sure most would disagree with all your choices, you can see by most of the responses. If its not 'Swiss' or european these bitches don't dig. ******* drones.
Actually, if you bothered to read the thread instead of pumping out a knee-jerk response to perceived horological racism, the first recommendation was for a... Seiko.
facepalm.gif
And you respect Chinese movements?
confused.gif

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Actually, if you bothered to read the thread instead of pumping out a knee-jerk response to perceived horological racism, the first recommendation was for a... Seiko.
facepalm.gif
And you respect Chinese movements?
confused.gif

Ya, so I edited. Probably while you were typing too. I don't understand your last sentence. Does Seiko use Chinese movements? Edit: BTW, are you telling me there is not a massive prejudice against Chinese watches on here? Get real.

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Is that prejudice at least partly founded/grounded in fact? (Yes.)
Uhh... no. I'm not talking about dollar store tickers. That I can't debate about.

linsook

Reaction score
Its hard to talk about it when people don't even know the Industry there. Believe it or not, I had absolutely no clue about Chinese movement makers before SF. It was actually on here, I can't remember who, that posted a link to watchuseek and mentioned about the chinese watch subforum which got me reading into it. Before that, I think I held the same preconceptions.

linsook

Reaction score
What do I know? Can't roll like the big timers on here, naturally I stick to the cheap ****.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a couple of these as cheap, decent watches. I read a lot on various forums before buying and as far as I can tell, the story is thus:

These are guys who are copying "Swiss" designs and/or style (meaning no brand/models in particular), and having them manufactured in China. The two I bought are mechanical movements. Both are very well made of hefty materials. Nicely done.

Do not be under any illusions that these are "Swiss-made", "Swiss-designed", or anything else Swiss or European about them. They are nicely designed Chinese watches, commissioned by guys in New York (I think). Also, the "retail" prices are totally fake (no other way to put it). In the documentation that came with the watches, they talk about the retail price being the price of "comparable" watches. They never, ever sell at those prices.

Do a search on Amazon and you will see tons of Stuhrlings with their huge discounted prices. If you see some you like, wait for one of Amazon's ubiquitous Stuhrling watch sales for another 40% off or so; also, with Amazon you can return if you don't like it. I tried it and was actually impressed enough to keep both.

I have found both watches to be very nice looking, well made, durable, high quality pieces. I get compliments on them all the time; even people who are watch-o-philes sometimes ask about them.

So in sum, these are nicely executed watches for the price, and I find them to be of good build quality. I would say that their non-sale street prices are about what they are worth. But these are not replacements for thousand dollar Swiss watches; and a nice Seiko is probably better than these, too (though you'll pay a higher price). But if you are attracted by any of the designs, there is nothing at all wrong with them - in fact, they are quite nice for the price.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time these discussions re-surface on SF (which is about every 3 months), we get the same crappy arguments. I wonder why we never get the same type of threads about Aldo shoes or Crocs with their staunch defenders who argue against the prejudiced and "clueless" "big-timers" who tend to shun such products in favor of better made shoes? Boooo... snubs who like shoes made in the general vicinity of Northampton... we laugh at you and your snubbish behaviour... ha ha ha ha
plain.gif

East Oakland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I wonder why we never get the same type of threads about Aldo shoes or Crocs with their staunch defenders who argue against the prejudiced and "clueless" "big-timers" who tend to shun such products in favor of better made shoes?
But we do. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where folks were signing the praises of their $10 belts and decrying anyone who would buy something better as a brand whore. There is also that recent Hugo Boss thread with lots of posters defending the both the brand and fused suits in general, with people declaring that their fused Hugo Boss suits are just fine since "regular people" can't tell the difference. I just don't get why these people bother spending thier time here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads