• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuff that makes me feel great

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is not a threak about drugs or sex. It is a list of things that make me feel great 100% of the time, empirically tested.

1) Deep tissue massage (1 hr). Some old Chinese chicks downtown go to town on my back with elbows and forearms. My back is usually a knotty mess due to (I suspect) doing lots of squats/deadlifts and then sitting in an office chair all day. It hurts like hell...I fight not to scream out in pain as she grinds knots into bone, but then I remind myself that I can't let a skinny 55 year old Chinese grandma think I am a *****. Once it's done though, my mind is completely clear, my body feels fantastic, and I feel like I am floating. Worth it every time. You can do this in Southeast Asia for $5, but in NYC a price of $55 for 60 minutes is a steal. Just got one now, actually.

2) Japanese onsen (hot springs). An amazing experience - alternating between too-hot-to-bear natural hot spring water and cold bucket showers. Repeat as many times as necessary. Staying in the hot spring without exiting briefly for too long will probably cause you to pass out, but the trick is to get close but not cross that line. After a few cycles of this, naked Japanese dudes notwithstanding, you will feel like a new man. Again, the same clear-minded, supremely-relaxed sensation will spread through your body and last for a good hour. Perhaps being in a hot tub or sauna accomplishes something similar, but I found the particular alternating between hot and cold to be great in itself.

3) Any kind of cardio...high-intensity interval training is particularly good in my experience. Afterward you are exhausted yet energized, and the mind is clear. I have to say though that this experience is not to the same magnitude as (1) and (2), but is a quick substitute.

4) Meditation. I am a total newb when it comes to this, but even 20 minutes of focusing on my breath in silence and keeping a clear mind leaves me calm and refreshed. This is great to do when you have a lot on your mind and can't focus or are not of a positive mind. It is kind of like a hard break on whatever is going on in your mind and allows you to start fresh without taking a three hour nap to achieve the same goal.

These are all obvious but I thought I would share.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
my friend got a ******* from an acupuncturist last week. He said it was the greatest feeling the world has ever known. So yes, Saigon has a happy ending acupuncture clinic.

This is not obvious but I thought I would share.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
my friend got a ******* from an acupuncturist last week. He said it was the greatest feeling the world has ever known. So yes, Saigon has a happy ending acupuncture clinic.

Where did they put the needles?

I have an image of his ball bag looking like the guy from Hellraiser.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
she finished the acupuncture part, and then asked if he wanted additional services. He did.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ **** in NYC just about any service can include a hand job. Not sure about tailors but that's the only exception I can think of.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So many things make me feel great.

1) Golf. Well, those one out of ten drives I crush. The 50% of iron shots I nail.

2) Drinking. God, I just love to drink.

3) Driving fast on a deserted road. Man, love that.

4) Lifting weights used to really get me buzzed. Need to get back into that.

5) Hugging my wife. Just the best.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
So many things make me feel great. 1 thru 5) Drinking. God, I just love to drink.
FTFY!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
laugh.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is the tissue damage from today's massage. Damn Chinese grandmas...and you haven't even seen what she did to my KACK yet!!!11
photo5l.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Here is the tissue damage from today's massage. Damn Chinese grandmas...and you haven't even seen what she did to my KACK yet!!!11
photo5l.jpg

Ok, that's not good.

JBG89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles

photo5l.jpg

Are you sure that suppose to happen?

suited&booted

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt

Dude, you got to take me there next time I fly in. Only then we hit the barz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads