• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuff Styleforvm overrates

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Well, yes. I've nothing against an automatic; however, I do have something against paying ridiculous amounts of money for a mechanical watch when superior functionality and quality can be had for cheaper.

Why pay $200 for a pair of jeans when a $15 pair bought from Walmart can cover ********** just as well?

Mr T

Reaction score
Homosexuality.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Antiquing

Originally Posted by R-H
Brown shoes.

+1 for both

I like brown shoes and have learned to appreciate all the shades they come in as well as the richness of color; I also admit they age better than black shoes. Maybe it's more a matter that black shoes seem underrated. Also, a bit of hand burnishing is fine, but extreme antiquing or patination is tacky.

swiego

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I like this thread. Every forum has its biases. There is nothing wrong with this; it's just a reflection of the unique style or culture or history of the forum. As a relative newcomer, a thread like this is extremely valuable. It lets me interpret what I read in a more neutral light and develop a more even-heeled perspective.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Stop making fun of Anne Hathaway's nose!
devil.gif

You people are all full of blasphemy, making such comments about Hathaway. Shame on thee.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
Why pay $200 for a pair of jeans when a $15 pair bought from Walmart can cover ********** just as well?

Bad analogy. The difference is between paying $15 for crappy jeans, $100 for good jeans and $2,000 for overpriced jute bags from the 1400s and call them jeans.

Paying ridiculous amounts of money for mechanical watches when better and more reliable technology at lower price points is available is like using fabric from the 1200s when better, alternative fibers are available at cheaper price points.

But that's just me. And ******** is very happy whether it is covered or not, thank you very much. It is the rest of the population that seems to have a problem.
plain.gif

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmentmerchant
For everyone that rips on walmart clothing and holds H & M clothes on a pedestal

Fact: H & M production facilities also produce the identical shirts for the wal mart "George" line

There a big H&M love-in on SF?

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident

Bad analogy.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 on the MoP buttons...whooooooooo cares they are BUTTONS. No one can tell they are real without inappropriately close inspection anyway.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Overrated:

- Incotex

- Used shoes

- Nudies

- Bespoke

- Omega

- Sarah Palin

- Isaia

- Le Bernadin

Underrated:

Hasselhoff

- B

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brown shoes

Knit ties

Wearing a pen as an accessory item

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Observation: When 3 or more SF members with 3000 posts or more agree on something, it is placed into the official SF handbook.

personally I agree with the OP, I simply do not wear my good shoes in the rain. Being that my shell shoes are the "best" of all, I run from any dampness when wearing cordovan.

Aside from that, I don't like Panerais

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Well, yes. I've nothing against an automatic; however, I do have something against paying ridiculous amounts of money for a mechanical watch when superior functionality and quality can be had for cheaper.
worship.gif
i still like mechanical watches. if the price is right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads