• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuff Styleforum underrates!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
just go in to one of their boutiques and take a good look.

Agreed, some pretty nice stuff, but I recall last December, even with some coupon that made many of the winter stuff almost 80% off, I still couldn't pull the trigger on anything. Meaning to say, still too expensive.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Agreed, some pretty nice stuff, but I recall last December, even with some coupon that made many of the winter stuff almost 80% off, I still couldn't pull the trigger on anything. Meaning to say, still too expensive.

+1. I have been to JV boutiques, and while the products are nice, they are waaaay too pricey for what they are.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
yeah but 200 dollar leather belts ? 1800 dollar wool made in italy suits? 1500 overcoats and etc.
doesnt sound too differently than what other designers like marc jacobs, margiela, dior and dolce are charging. and the aesthetic of jv is imo much more interesting and flattering fits than those other brands. even more for rlpl , borrelli, and the such.

looking past the prices, im just saying that the overall quality and style of jv is underrated here.

ranker

Reaction score
yeah but 200 dollar leather belts ? 1800 dollar wool made in italy suits? 1500 overcoats and etc.
doesnt sound too differently than what other designers like marc jacobs, margiela, dior and dolce are charging. and the aesthetic of jv is imo much more interesting and flattering fits than those other brands. even more for rlpl , borrelli, and the such.

looking past the prices, im just saying that the overall quality and style of jv is underrated here.

I wholeheartedly agree. JV's mainline is fantastic and well worth the price. I'm afraid of wandering into their boutique as I always have to leave with something. When they have their end of season sales, I'll end up walking away with 2+ bags each time. Love Varvatos' stuff.

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
H&M - I have yet to find anything else that fits so well OTR. The prices are also great and the quality is not nearly as bad as everyone claims - I've had zero problems with anything I've bought from there. They also carry 34 and 36 jackets
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranker
I wholeheartedly agree. JV's mainline is fantastic and well worth the price. I'm afraid of wandering into their boutique as I always have to leave with something. When they have their end of season sales, I'll end up walking away with 2+ bags each time. Love Varvatos' stuff.

ranker, who was the guy you referred me to? I talked to a guy named Steven, very nice guy and also the tall guy.

who is that bald headed asian guy with the thick glass frames? always a jerk to me whenever i go in there.

ranker

Reaction score
ranker, who was the guy you referred me to? I talked to a guy named Steven, very nice guy and also the tall guy. who is that bald headed asian guy with the thick glass frames? always a jerk to me whenever i go in there.
Steven is the guy that will hook you up if you develop a long term relationship with him. The bald headed Filipino guy is "ryan" I believe. He's hot and cold. He treats me great but I've seen him be a jerk to 'known' window shoppers that never any money. The manager is the super tall guy. Develop a relationship with Steven and he'll eventually tip you off on sales and hold items in advance. Eventually you'll be able to get a few select pieces on "further" discount if you've bought from him exclusively for some time. The great thing about JV stores is that they don't have heavy handed corporate guidelines. The managers themselves have discretion to put anything on sale that they'd like and also discount items even more. If you're a dick that treats them like **** or returns in heavy volumes, don't expect much 'extra service'. However, if you're a nice guy who shoots the ****, buys often, you'll get hooked up. Took me a year to work up such a relationship. It also helped that I somehow developed a reputation of big timing it up at Armani, John Lobb, & Ralph Lauren. Almost all the workers in South Coast know each other. It goes a long way to build a reputation with one store and have it carry over to others by word of mouth. Most often the SA's from one store will be hired to manage another boutique. Steven himself came from Armani.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

Dood, I was being sorcasmic
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads