• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuff from our affiliates that I like

Eternal

Reaction score
The Filippa k Storm jacket is really nice, I'm going to buy it Next thursday in navy. I wanted small, but they did not have It. So I'll size up for a medium. This jacket is really nice. It's a real winter jacket, but yet it look pretty stylish. I have a peacoat etc.. So this jacket would suit my collection perfect. It's a really good buy.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
The jacket looks nice but, and maybe it's my monitor, it looks visually distracting. Something about the squares and the wales is a bit off.

I think that it is your monitor. It's a pinstriped wool, not a corduroy... I agree that a quilted cord jacket would throw me as well.

cTo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I think that I've already mentioned that I want this jacket:

From www.newdandyism.com . I see that the small is gone, so I can only assume one of you guys got it for me
smile.gif

Just in case, I would also like this (in a small, please
smile.gif

also at New Dandyism.

S2A has been really good for me and that jacket in particular has been really popular. It's def not busy in person.

If I wasn't trying to fight off my clothing addictions, it would be in my closet. One of the toughest things about having your own retail, is resisting the urge to wear everything in store.

Babar

Reaction score
Got the Filippa K jacket today, and as been said, it's a really nice jacket. It's apparently selling like crazy though, here in Oslo only one store still carried the black (which I got) and grey mediums, the blue medium was sold out everywhere at the moment. Hopefully it won't get too ubiquitous
plain.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've always hated PRPS. The cuts of the New Fit are pretty good though, and I am warming up to the odd hardware, though I am still pretty on the fence about the back pocket details. It seems altogether a little busy. That said, I am starting to really like the color of the denim, and am thinking of buying a pair from Denim Bar:

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...PARTMENT_ID=38

To wear with my new black YMC pullover from New Dandyism that should be here next Tuesday. I have a neat Billy Kirk belt for that too. Incidentally, one of only 2 black belts I own (the other is the black variation of the Engineered Garments belt that I only wear as part of my gothy evening wear.)

Edit: still thinking about pulling the trigger on that Filippa K jacket. I'd wear it to go skiing and winter hiking. How cool would that look surrounded by a sea of Northface? Day trips only though, probably. But I'm a little skint right now. Sigh. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
though I am still pretty on the fence about the back pocket details. It seems altogether a little busy.

This from the guy that dug the Corpus pockets? What's next, the Helmut Lang thumb holsters?

Oh, right, you already hate those. So do I, now that I think about it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
This from the guy that dug the Corpus pockets? What's next, the Helmut Lang thumb holsters?

Oh, right, you already hate those. So do I, now that I think about it.

I dunno man. The Corpus swooped pockets actually made them easier to use, at least for a girly man like me who keeps nothing substantial in his back pockets. Like I said, I like the black rivets, and the denim is terrific, as is the fit, but am on the fence about the somewhat over the top detailing.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of stuff LA Guy likes, who has the NdG Classic fits in stock?

justin hustle

Reaction score
i do which color

justin hustle

Reaction score
im not sure if its listed

always ask
wink.gif

i have 2 pairs of black classics and 2-4 pairs of regular left, ill update it today

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What size would I take? I wear 34 in 5epxSF and most repro brands. Do these run small?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in a while, but I love this:

http://www.shopjake.com/index.php?pa...roduct_ID=2629

The color and details look terrific, and Nice Collective seems to have abandoned the ridiculous prints that they were previously enamoured of. And NiCo stuff is typically very very cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads