Student needs help!!!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Joan Ofarc, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Joan Ofarc

Joan Ofarc New Member

Hi guys,

I'm a graduate business student writing a research paper on the men's denim industry focused on distribution and sales. For example, Diesel tries to control distribution and rarely gives licenses for sale to other stores, but obviously you can find them in some upscale retail stores. Does anyone know the distribution strategies of other companies (i.e., Seven, R&B, Paper, True Religion, etc.).

Any tips or contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Joan

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Actually, Diesel's scheme is not unlike Nike, for example. There are different types of accounts, so the stuff that Urban Outfitters has is not the same stuff as a high end retailer (Concepts in Boston, for example, in the Tannery). To complicate things more, not all Diesel stores are company stores, some are (or were) franchises. For example, in Boston, before the present company store opened on Newbury Street, the older Diesel stores (in Cambridge on JFK street and on Newbury beneath Riccardi) were independently owned. I am not sure about the other companies, but I know that many "niche" companies (best example is A.P.C. are very selective about who gets an account. Some companies, of course, have their distribution controlled by a distribution agent. However, I've heard of at least one company changing agents because they did not like the way their brand was being sold. Good luck.
    Hi guys, I'm a graduate business student writing a research paper on the men's denim industry focused on distribution and sales. For example, Diesel tries to control distribution and rarely gives licenses for sale to other stores, but obviously you can find them in some upscale retail stores. Does anyone know the distribution strategies of other companies (i.e., Seven, R&B, Paper, True Religion, etc.). Any tips or contacts would be greatly appreciated. Joan

3. Joan Ofarc

Joan Ofarc New Member

Thanks LA Guy!

Some good stuff in there. I was delighted to find this forum.

One more question, how in the world do you know so much about jeans [​IMG]

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Thanks LA Guy!

Some good stuff in there. I was delighted to find this forum.

One more question, how in the world do you know so much about jeans [​IMG]

You're welcome. And to answer your question, the root of it is that I shop too much [​IMG]