• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Studded Trench (Burberry Prorsum)

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://us.burberry.com/product/index...uctId=10797952 Anyone else see this? I like it, as I'm always a fan of punk/corporate mixes. But at the same time it looks a bit try-hard. And is there anything less punk than Burberry.... It looks better in the stormy weather video Burberry has, but anything looks good on a model. I'm not sure how it would go over on a guy like me. (Young, but no model) Anyone have any thoughts on it?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At best I think you'd wear it a couple of times and feel awesome and then realize you spent two grand on a trench coat that is going to look ridiculous to you in 12 months, max, and already does to 95% of the population. EDIT: and even if you really do profoundly like the look, I bet it's at least a little annoying having all that weighty metal on the collar. I have a pair of Dolce tux pants with zippers at the bottom outseams and it's really nice hardwear but it weighs enough to ruin the drape of the pants so I'm planning to have a tailor take out the zippers and just sew the legs into place as normal. Just a guess but all those collar studs might interfere with regular things you do with your collar, hooded garments underneath, etc. On a vaguely related note, Versace FW10 had a pretty crazy punkish studded trench. (I'm not recommending it I just think it looks cool.)
versacefw1005.jpg

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
http://us.burberry.com/product/index...uctId=10797952

Anyone else see this? I like it, as I'm always a fan of punk/corporate mixes. But at the same time it looks a bit try-hard. And is there anything less punk than Burberry....
It looks better in the stormy weather video Burberry has, but anything looks good on a model. I'm not sure how it would go over on a guy like me. (Young, but no model)

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

You can pull it off if you have the right attitude.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to wear some studded clothing. Jackets for the most part. I may buy a 2nd hand trench and place some studs in it. (More sticking with DIY punk ethos anyway....)

I own a Burberry trench, and love the quality, so it'd be interesting to see how nice this one is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads