Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Stubbs & Wootton / Smoking Slippers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by blswinef, Dec 7, 2012.

1. blswinef

blswinef Member

Hey guys,

I've actually got a few questions. So first off I took the plunge and bought myself a pair of Stubbs and Wootton and a pair of Rugby slippers while they're going out of business those were quite inexpensive (at least compared to the $498 retail).

Anyways my question is as follows....I got a 9.5 in my Stubbs and Wootton and a 9 in the Rugby (bottom of shoe says 8 but it's a USA 9) Both are new and I'm having awful heel slippage in them. They fit me pretty well I'm not sure I never really bought too many loafers they are not real tight but there is hardly any room left in the toe area. The rugby shoes are a little bigger than the Stubbs but the Stubbs still slide on the heel a little....is this simply because they are new and the sole needs to break in a little.

Also my other question is Womens stubbs and wootton...if I got a size 9 would it fit me better possibly? I have a narrow foot....I went to Brooks Brothers today and they only had a size 8 in womens and I couldn't quite get my foot inside but I think the narrowness of them would be nice. from what I can tell online a Womens size 10 stubbs and wootton is 10 1/4 inches long and a mens 9.5 stubbs and wootton is 11

2. Shoe Man

Shoe Man New Member

I am digging that you got those Stubbs and Wooton and I highly endorse some of the women's styles in comparable sizes! VERY nice.

3. speedball

speedball Active Member

Is there an easy way to tell men's from women's (other than looking up to see who's wearing them)?