• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stubbs and Wootton

trajan

Reaction score
Stubbs and Wootton slippers -- what do you guys think? Would you wear them? Would you wear them clubbing? At work?
smile.gif
On Sundays? At home?

devil_blackD_2_topview.jpg

--trajan

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love them. Have not got a pair because I cant figure out where to wear them. When Im home, Im mostly in socks or my house slippers and I cant justify velvet shoes for the house. Maybe not the velvet ones, but another material for weekends.

DandySF

Reaction score
They've been a fun addition to my shoe collection. I enjoy wearing their palm tree motif when in Palm Springs. They're especially good to wear when entertaining at home. I feel the motifs of the devil and the skulls have been a bit overexposed. It seems they have fewer designs available than in the past. Maybe they'll have a few more as spring approaches. Another similar option is something from Belgian Shoes in suede. It should be clear that either of these shoes is wildly impractical for serious walking or heavy use.

artoftime

Reaction score
I have a set in Brocade navy velvet S&W's that are spectacular - in 2.5 years, I have been able to wear them a handful of times - tons of compliments every time...these are underrated for evening wear, though seem to be still plenty popular in Palm Beach.

duchesse2k

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I love them. Have not got a pair because I cant figure out where to wear them. When Im home, Im mostly in socks or my house slippers and I cant justify velvet shoes for the house. Maybe not the velvet ones, but another material for weekends.
if you have to ask you might not have enough reasons to buy them. All my men wear velvet slippers and they are HOT!!!!! Sure why not wear them around the house, but they're not bedroom slippers. They're best at parties of every description, cocktail, dinner, black tie, clubbing. They're as s cool with jeans as they are with cashmere or a tuxedo

duchesse2k

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trajan
Stubbs and Wootton slippers -- what do you guys think? Would you wear them? Would you wear them clubbing? At work?
smile.gif
On Sundays? At home?

devil_blackD_2_topview.jpg

--trajan

wear them all the time - ok maybe not the office - but parties, bars, black ties, people's houses, at home, with jeans, with corduroys, cocktail parties, sunday football. GIRLS LOVE THEM

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love'm , but they're like espadrilles; they look trashy in short order.

DandySF

Reaction score
S&W announced a 50% off code via Twitter. Not sure it's still active, but the promo code is "GIFT." Their selection has been pared back a bit from last year.

Thomas L

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DandySF
It seems they have fewer designs available than in the past. Maybe they'll have a few more as spring approaches.

The lines are going to continue to shink in size in 2010 due to various factors.

The good news is Stubbs now has a "build your own slipper" application on their web site where you can pick the colors, materials, and embroidery (or just get a plain pair). There are about 60-80 embroideries to chose from right now, but 200+ more are coming soon from what I've been told. The price is reasonable at $75 above the cost of a normal pair of Stubbs.

Here's a link to check it out directly: www.stubbsandwootton.com/bespoke.php

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads