• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Struggling With Jacket Choice

Ittarish

Reaction score
I've narrowed myself down to 2 jackets, both roughly the same price, one is definitely higher quality.

The problem I'm struggling with is how short the better quality jacket feels. I wear my pants fairly low, and the jacket reaches just below the belt, this too me feels too short, and doesn't seem functional as there "cold" holes near my waist. The second jacket is about thigh height, just below the pockets and feel much more comfortable at the waist but the build quality is all around not as good and the jacket feels a bit tighter around the chest.

I know this is useless without pictures but I can't get to the store until Wednesday. Thoughts?

Lastly I've looked at almost every retailer around me, they ALL carry these waist high jackets in the style I'm looking for, but none of them are thigh height. The jacket type is black, bomber'esque with a hood.

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/4GAJ9

EDIT: I took some pictures of the jacket I have which is the lower quality jacket by Oakland (with the worst pair of pants I own :D ). The other is Guess (I'll go look for pics online)

Last edited:

Amygdala

Reaction score
Those pictures are so dark it's impossible to give you any feedback.

Ittarish

Reaction score
Noted, I'll get some better pictures up and bump the thread.

jakeypotato

Reaction score
Ditch the jacket. Spend a week on this forum and educate yourself before buying a jacket you will regret.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 112 33.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 102 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%