• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Struggling to find a quality belt that's not $100...

atila

Reaction score
I didn't think I would have this much of a hard time to find a standard belt that I love that doesn't cost a lot. Epaulet's casual Horween Chromexcel belts fit exactly what I'm looking for but I just don't think it's worth $95... especially since I want a regular brown, dark brown, and black one.

The last belt I've been using looks exactly the same, is reversible black/brown and it's by CK and cost me like $16 when I was still in college... I've purchased beautiful shoes, suits, and watches, and have always worn this basic belt... 10 years later.

Do I really have to spend $100 to get the same basic belt I got from CK that was $16? I tried searching Amazon and everything has something wrong or some issue or some large obnoxious logo. My CK one looks basically like the Epaulet one in the link below, but the silver plating on the buckle is wearing off now...

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/accessories/products/casual-belt-black-horween-chromexcel

I just want like epaulet one pictured in the link, any suggestion? Reversible is fine too, and preferred if the quality is fine.

Trqmaster

Reaction score
For cheaps, the only places would be marshals and TJmax type places. If you want to go for better quality leather/buckle, then maybe check out nordstrom rack, off fifth, last call.

Alex Hayes

Reaction score
Trafalgar offers some nice belts that are slightly under the $100 mark that are full leather with a brass buckle. Their Cortina belts are about $70 I think. Brooks Brothers also may have some nice ones in their clearance section for a reasonable price.

facet

Reaction score
Narragansett has similar belt styles for a pretty decent price too, and it's good quality leather.

atila

Reaction score

the epaulet belt is not a dress belt.
Not sure if you are looking for a belt for suits or just casual

Yeah, it's not a very dress belt... but that look works very well for me. It's not super casual and works very easily with suits. I've been rocking my belt that looks very similar to that forever and it looks excellent with pretty much anything. My suits are very tailored so it doesn't look sloppy or casual or anything...

atila

Reaction score
This trafalgar site is pretty much nailing it too... and it's $68 vs $95 at Epaulet, which is nice.

Final issue - I need a size 30/31 belt... I've always been a 30 waist but I've been losing a little body fat with meal preps so I've gotten more muscle but my waist is like a 28/29... Does anyone make a 30 belt? I guess a 32 will have to do if not...

Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Narragansett has similar belt styles for a pretty decent price too, and it's good quality leather.

Those are very good. Two warnings:

* they aren't really super dressy, though they work out fine for me with coat and tie, and
* the "burgundy" is very close to red.

However, the leather quality is outstanding. My brown one gets heavy use but keeps on keeping on, no worse for wear.

Dude is very close to retirement if he hasn't already but his belts are excellent.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheap and quality are NOT bedfellows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics