• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Struggles of washing button-ups?

ElijahShine

Reaction score
I recently have started dressing up, and getting more into button-ups, oxford wingtips/clarks, and the 'dapper' looking style overall. One of the biggest problems that I face, is trying to wash my button-ups, and have them come out nice. Every time that I wash any of my button-ups, they always come out the dryer with the arms ENTIRELY wrinkled. Now, I understand that everything is going to come out of the dryer wrinkled, but these come out looking like an elongated raisin. Can anyone help me understand how to properly wash my button-ups?

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get them washed and ironed by your local cleaner.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I recently have started dressing up, and getting more into button-ups, oxford wingtips/clarks, and the 'dapper' looking style overall. One of the biggest problems that I face, is trying to wash my button-ups, and have them come out nice. Every time that I wash any of my button-ups, they always come out the dryer with the arms ENTIRELY wrinkled. Now, I understand that everything is going to come out of the dryer wrinkled, but these come out looking like an elongated raisin. Can anyone help me understand how to properly wash my button-ups?

Hey, great news, they just invented this thing called an "iron." It's not made of iron, lol, but it helps take out wrinkles. Most major department stores carry them. Even wal-mart! if you can believe it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's