• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Structure

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the quality of the clothing sold at Structure/Express for Men?  It seems to be around Banana Republic level.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmm....i would say Banana Republic is much better than structure. BR has more high-style fashion clothing, you can get a respectable cotton summer suit made in italy, leather and suede jackets, irish linen shirts, etc.

structure is more of a discounted/ lower price store, lots of cotton pants, pullover shirts, etc.

Jofaile

Reaction score
Well, Structure is now officially Express for Men, and they are more of a low "high" grade clothing store. Their clothing, contrary to snobbish belief, are not horribly made but they are, as mentioned previously, not Zegna or D&G. I wear express only for very casual dress occasions like when I am out doing some activity (not involving looking my absolute best) for a long period of time. These sort of activities would include just a regular day out with my girlfriend, practice for a professional drama production company I am in, or just an Olive garden "family get-together." So, in short, I would only wear their casual line and go with much nicer and better made Semi-casual and Dress wear from names such as Zegna, Cassini, D&G, Meriot, Armani (not exchange), and Bissoni (black label).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that the quality of the Express for Men line is on par with say, Banana Republic or Armani Exchange, neither in terms of materials nor workmanship. That said, I think that it Express for men measures up pretty well when compared to other retailers at similar pricepoints such as the Gap or Anchor Blue.

Their style I find to be pretty generic: sportshirts in traditional and not particularly inspired colors and cuts, chinos, etc... When is H&M going to come to the West Coast and show mass-market retailers that inexpensive doesn't have to mean boring?

Joe G

Reaction score
Hmm. I bought a pair of trousers once at Structure when I was a frosh in college, drawstring cords called "X-pants" or something like that, and a shirt. I don't think they lasted more than three washings.

Since then, I don't think I've been into the store....

Peace,

JG

footz79

Reaction score
I think I agree with everyone here. Structure isn't a brand to be looked down upon by any means. Actually your average American dresses well below the Structure line. As far as quality and how long their clothing lasts...I put them above Gap, AE, and even DKNY. In my book they're just a step below Banana Republic and Kenneth Cole. In fact a huge part of my wardrobe is Structure clothing (partly because it has outlasted almost everything else).

Jr.Executive

Reaction score
I would agree with the above post. Considering that most of the American public is content with Old Navy I would hold Structure (Express) to a higer standered then that of which you seem to want to give it. They make comfotable, quality, clothing for casual attire. Lord knows we don't need to dress in our best on the weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads