• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strong men also cry

King Salmon

Reaction score
Once I cried at a Metallica guitar solo because it was just so damn awesome. Another time, I was watching Saving Private Ryan and I cried during the landing on Normandy.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
I once cried during a Prince song. I also cry whenever I watch Braveheart, the disembowelment scene at the end is a clincher, "Freeeedooom!".

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm going to admit this.. I teared up during the scene in Jet Li's Fearless where he stood with the wind blowing in the field.

I've teared up uring a number of other films.. though I can't say a movie short of E.T. has ever made me cry, and I was like 5 when that happened.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cinema Paradiso. I've seen it around 5 times...that last scene where he looks at all the out-takes... get's me every time...I'm feeling a little misty just thinking about it...

cry.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cried at my grandpa's funeral (it was a sudden death) and yet I was the strongest of all 20 grandchildren and was actually able to go up and say something at the wake.

I cried a bit when recalling the first three of the last four years of my life to my girlfriend of one year. Lots of bad situations and being in a controlling relationship, I finally put a stop to that last year. I cried like a fuckin baby when Yumi had to go back home to Japan. I knew I wouldnt be seeing her/getting any for a while.

As far as movies/Tv go, Tragic love stories like Romeo and Juliet (this only applies when the acting is good) do it for me. Battle Royal made me just feel awful, seeing all of those kids get killed/commit suicide.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
ohh.. never mind

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
i got a wee bit
smile.gif
choked up on that scene in godfather in the hospital where michael told his dad he's gonna take care of him.

Same here. And when V.C. got shot, and Fredo cries on the street... that choked me up. And the end of Godfather 2... even if you saw it coming.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Grandfather's funeral - I knew it was coming, but after all, the man did raise me.

Movies - In the Name of the Father - the scene outside the prison after Paddy's death.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tears denote strength of character, not weakness. Olivia de Havilland had to talk Clark Gable into crying, during a memorable scene in Gone With the Wind. He felt that a man with tears, was a sissy. Ms. de Havilland, knew better.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"It's a Wonderful Life" gets me every time. I even cry when I read my copy of the script. And at the end of "Rudy", and a little bit at "Hoosiers". Walking my oldest daughter down the aisle at her wedding we were both crying. And obviously when all four of my daughters were born. Now, gents, how 'bout a big ole group hug!
smile.gif

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cried when my wife was fake kidnapped and I was preparing to courier the ransom money to the kidnappers through an intermediary who shared my last name.

Bunny... She is the light of my life.

Edit: Seriously, though, a lot of movies get me choked up. I'm a pansy. Also, oddly enough, on the right occasion, the bluegrass version of Richard Thompson's "Vincent Black Lighting 1952," and Wilco's Mermaid Avenue version of Woody Guthrie's "Do You Remember the Mountain Bed."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics