• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strong men also cry

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Sometimes Beckett's "Company" gets me a bit misty. Generally, though, only music really has the ability to make me tear up.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Hey, Dad? You wanna have a catch?"

blackgrass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I cried when my wife was fake kidnapped and I was preparing to courier the ransom money to the kidnappers through an intermediary who shared my last name.

Bunny... She is the light of my life.

Edit: Seriously, though, a lot of movies get me choked up. I'm a pansy. Also, oddly enough, on the right occasion, the bluegrass version of Richard Thompson's "Vincent Black Lighting 1952," and Wilco's Mermaid Avenue version of Woody Guthrie's "Do You Remember the Mountain Bed."

Ahh...another Del fan!

I cried like a baby when I had to put my dog to sleep. I just lost it.....I had that dog for 12 years and raised her from a pup. I thanked her for everything and stayed with her to the end. Just like she would have done for me. I still get a funny feeling thinking about it.

I didn't cry when I got divorced. What does that tell you?
musicboohoo[1].gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Movies - In the Name of the Father - the scene outside the prison after Paddy's death.

Ditto. Very emotional.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
I cried when I had to leave a woman I fell in love with while backpacking in Europe.

Hi Aaron-

are you still in love with her?

Bill Brasky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wilson brother
Hi Aaron-

are you still in love with her?

Wilson Brother,

The movie Love Actually, have you seen it? You will enjoy and perhaps shed a tear.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a little foggy eyed watching the movie Hardball when the little kid's brother gets shot. Yep, a friggin Keanu Reeves movie. Ha.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
I cried when I had to leave a woman I fell in love with while backpacking in Europe.
Doesn't this happen to everyone? First time I visited Vienna I lived "Before Sunrise" without knowing it until I saw the film a few months later. Really eerie how closely everything matched up, save for the fact that at sunrise when I had to leave the city...she ended up following me.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackgrass
I cried like a baby when I had to put my dog to sleep. I just lost it.....I had that dog for 12 years and raised her from a pup.
Read Marley and Me
Originally Posted by blackgrass
I didn't cry when I got divorced. What does that tell you?
I'm thinking I'll be dancing in the streets when my divorce is finally done.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube

I'll see if I can drag ****** out there and dance with you, a little solidarity celbration.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always get a little misty at the end of Rocky, when he's just had his ass kicked and he's shouting, "Adrian!".

Great movie.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Let's go cruising for chicks. You can take the mother and I'll take the daughter.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Let's go cruising for chicks. You can take the mother and I'll take the daughter.
I'm there.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN SportsCentury, The Bo Jackson Story

The end of Return Of The Jedi, when Darth Vader asks Luke to take off his mask so that he can see his son

Lee Greenwood's performance of God Bless the U.S.A.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads