• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Striped shirts??

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"What the *$%@ was i thinking..??"

RainCityClotheshound

Reaction score
By candy stripeddo you mean thick pinstripes,or brightly colored pinstripes? Will you be wearing a tie and sportcoat with this shirt to go to dinner and the lounge,or wearing it open collared? Depending on the color of the pinstripes,you could coordinate a necktie with it,and frame it all nicely with a dark colored jacket and slacks.Or wear the shirt open-collared with a nice pair of jeans. Whether the shirt ends up in the "Lapses in Judgement" section in GQ later,remains to be seen. Have a good time
smile.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
No way it'll end up in lapses in judgment. If the colors aren't too loud, these are classic shirts. If they go out for a shrort while- store them. They'll come back like knit ties, and double-breasted suits. (Or three button there for a while I might add).

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Heh.. I keep my eye out for these. I like them, but all the ones I find are out of my $ range.

Speaking of knit ties - I just got 6 of them the other day. I'm bringing them back. You heard it here first. They are actually really classic; James Bond wore them (Connery) and they look great with a standup collar in a formal outfit. Get yourself some and be ahead of the crowd.

Timothy

Reaction score
As to the knit ties Prada has been pushing these for a short while now, plus some other companies. I dig them, the skinnier the better in my opinion.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Purple Label also has a nice selection. I saw a kaleidoscopic display at a Neiman's in Palm Beach about 6 months ago.

The Devil's Hands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Speaking of knit ties - I just got 6 of them the other day. I'm bringing them back.

Congratulations, j; you were four years ahead of your time...those knit ties are everywhere now.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

Speaking of knit ties - I just got 6 of them the other day. I'm bringing them back. You heard it here first. They are actually really classic

They never went out, in my book.

Shoes105.jpg

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place to get the wool or knit ties for a good price online? In the stores I have only really seen them at the Brooks Brothers outlet.

As for the shirts, dude just get em if they are in your price range and like em. Who cares about what is "in". Be yourself and set your own style. They will come back in style in a couple years anyways.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
daaaaaaaaamn. What a bump. Possibly a record.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MikeC dressed in American Jackass garb... classic. Trade in all that Polo goodness for a pair of Kenneth Cole and a stripey from EXPRESS

The Devil's Hands

Reaction score
For the record, this is what I think of when I think of striped shirts:

theone.jpg

The Devil's Hands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike C.

You can't do that...I'm not sure that's allowed.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike C.
Hey guys Ive just heard about this new designer Kenneth Cool or something and hes doing really wild stuff with square toed shoes do you think theyll stand the test of time??!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads