• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stretch marks

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
hi..i have lost a lot of wieght over the past year..and my current problem is stretch marks have appeared in the lower stomach area..anyone know how to get rid of this?

nioh

Reaction score
Congratulations on losing weight!

Unfortunately you can't really do anything about stretch marks (besides going surgical). By time they will just like scars, fade but not disappear completely.

Striae are permanent and irreversible.
Dermatol Nurs 16(1):96, 2004.

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
ahhh...thats too sad..i'll try to do some further research..but if none arises surgery is my option

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not true. You can minimize, prevent and sometimes get rid of them.

If you apply mederma, which is over the counter, at first site of *new* stretch marks, using it 3x a day is said to make them disappear.

For older stretchmarks check out the forum at www.skinbiology.com. You can minimize them or get rid of some of them with the use of exfoliants and copper peptides.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
My dermatologist recommended 1000 mg Vitamin C with bioflavinoids (as much bioflavinoids as possible, you'll probably need to go to a health foods store to find it). It doesn't get rid of stretch marks but it does minimize the appearance. Worked for me. Also helped with other scars, just good for your skin in general.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads