Stretch marks

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by ffejollerob5, Jun 1, 2002.

1. ffejollerob5

ffejollerob5 New Member

Recently, I weighted in at 225 pds..but i felt horrible about my body image, and being only 5'10 i was over weight, and felt it to..so i decided to do something about it..i started exercising and what have you, but I have these nasty, light red, but very noticable stretch marks and it's very bother some, but i cant understand why i cant get them to go away, even after losing 40 pds....please could anyone give me some advice about products that could help, heal the marks?

2. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

Cocoa butter is supposed to be good, anecdotally. I'd recommend checking maternity-oriented websites and see what they're recommending for new moms. However it works for them, it ought to do the same for you.

3. ffejollerob5

ffejollerob5 New Member

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the quick response.

4. Psyche

Psyche New Member

Mustela makes a great stretch mark cream. Â They will never fully go away but you can make them a little better by using a stretch mark minimizing cream for a while. Â You can lighten them up. Â Depending on teh severity and your financial position there is a laser process that can make them almost unnoticeable. the Fashion Spot

5. GQ Lawyer

GQ Lawyer Senior member

I have some nasty stretch marks around my arms and chest. Although they never fully go away, Vitamin E lotion will help fade them. You can buy it at any drug store.