• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stress, How do you deal with it?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, I am stressed.

Right now, I am moving and downsizing from a place I have had 18 years.

I am in the process of losing 50 lbs, and nothing fits me.

I am juggling two women, both a bit younger than me.

I am extremely busy at work.

As another project, I am assisting friends in a mass tort litigation case.

And there is more!

How the heck do you deal with stress?

I am exercising and eating very healthy, but wow, I am stressed to the max!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, but this guy is like watching paint dry.

My trainer, the hot yoga girl who really exists, has suggested yoga.

I might try that to relax.

Besides, I love stuff like this

JJ is too old to get involved and JO is gone, but to me class actions are relaxing too.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exercise works for me. Over the years I've noticed that the more stressed I am, the harder I workout regardless of whether it's cycling, running, or other physical activities.

Luddite

Reaction score
Cycling works for me. Especially when drivers pull ridiculous moves and my life flashes before my eyes.

Quite seriously though, I never feel as absolutely, totally in the moment as I do on the bike.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I always enjoy a good reality check when life starts to spin out of my mental control. Go down to the local children's hospital and visit the terminal ward. Or the VA and see the soldiers who've been maimed in duty. You'll figure out that no matter how horrible your **** seems, it'll NEVER be as bad as what these people are going through.

Saving that, the simple answer would be to drop some stressors. If 2 women is too much right now, then drop down to 1. I know you're an adonis Arnie, but I'm sure you could do with just sharing the wonder that is you with only 1 woman.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The women are no big deal. I am far from an Adonis and both will be gone by New Year, though I know them a long time and I guess they will still be friends. The trainer is paid and well worth it. For training I mean. Heck, she really helped and I am glad I lost all that weight though nothing fits.

As to your other point. It reminds me of an old AA truism. People say they go to meetings and hear about someone who just lost a child or a limb and then they feel like their problem is nothing in comparison.

But remember if your problem is not being able to pay the rent, failing a class, or obesity, you still have to do something about it. It helps to put things in perspective but never forget that it takes action to tackle problems.

Finally, I fully agree there is nothing better than charitable work. I think I do more than my share but I would prefer that it be anonymous.

I tell the story of my very dear friend Craig Cullinan ( now dead ). His Grandfather and Uncle were among the greatest people ever of the last century. Craig never said a word about their good works and he told me that nether did they when they were alive.

BTW:A Google search of Craigs Uncle John H Cullinan reveals exactly nothing. Zero! Here is a link concerning what he did with his life

http://www.history.uh.edu/cph/tobearfruit/story_1900-1926_section09.html

They just do not make people like this anymore.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
fwiw, this helps me cope... a lot

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like cycling is a popular choice.

I live near the premier cycling spot in Houston, Memorial Park ( though I am about to move ). But I do not want to ride a bike on the streets with all the ceazies that are driving these days. AAMOF I gave my bike to my trainer. That girl is in world class shape and scared of nothing.

But I do like the idea of spin classes and I will start them after my move.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The women are no big deal. I am far from an Adonis and both will be gone by New Year, though I know them a long time and I guess they will still be friends. The trainer is paid and well worth it. For training I mean. Heck, she really helped and I am glad I lost all that weight though nothing fits.
As to your other point. It reminds me of an old AA truism. People say they go to meetings and hear about someone who just lost a child or a limb and then they feel like their problem is nothing in comparison.
But remember if your problem is not being able to pay the rent, failing a class, or obesity, you still have to do something about it. It helps to put things in perspective but never forget that it takes action to tackle problems.
Finally, I fully agree there is nothing better than charitable work. I think I do more than my share but I would prefer that it be anonymous.
I tell the story of my very dear friend Craig Cullinan ( now dead ). His Grandfather and Uncle were among the greatest people ever of the last century. Craig never said a word about their good works and he told me that nether did they when they were alive.
BTW:A Google search of Craigs Uncle John H Cullinan reveals exactly nothing. Zero! Here is a link concerning what he did with his life
http://www.history.uh.edu/cph/tobearfruit/story_1900-1926_section09.html
They just do not make people like this anymore.

True, but your problems mainly stem from how much **** you have on your plate at the moment. At least that's how the OP reads, not how you can't actually deal with any of your problems. Thus, my original suggestions.

As for the weight loss, I've lost many multiples of your current goal so I can tell you that redoing your wardrobe is one of the major pain's ********** of weightloss. All those good deals you snagged, and precious pieces that you've collected, become absolutely worthless. Fun times!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I fantasize about killing someone, just for fun.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Seems like cycling is a popular choice.
I live near the premier cycling spot in Houston, Memorial Park ( though I am about to move ). But I do not want to ride a bike on the streets with all the ceazies that are driving these days. AAMOF I gave my bike to my trainer. That girl is in world class shape and scared of nothing.
But I do like the idea of spin classes and I will start them after my move.

I don't do streets because drivers here are as crazy as the ones in houston from what I've seen. biking in trails, away from civilization, is my choice.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I run and do the charitable/service thing - although in my case, that sometimes ADDS stress! Run a loop or two around Memorial Park and see if that helps. Holler if you need someone to run with you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads