1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Streetwear & Denim Travel Recommendations

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by StanleyVanBuren, Jun 25, 2014.

1. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

Anyone know a way to get from Stavanger to Kjerag without renting a car in early September?

2. johnsams

johnsams Member

Well if travel is your interest so be it. Scandinavian countries are one of the most beautiful countries in this world in terms of natural beauty. This entire belt is bestowed with some of the most eye catching and breath taking locales. How many you can visit in one trip depends upon the time you have at your disposal. If you want soak in the culture and natural beauty of each country properly then I would recommend do two countries in one trip.

3. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

Thanks for putting this on my radar. Had a really good meal at Amass that really showcased New Nordic philosophy. I also highly recommend Restaurant Radio for a more casual setting while being no less novel and excellent. BROR was a bit disappointing.

I liked everything I got at Andersen bakery, thebirkes in particular. The Coffee Collective is the best for "new wave" style coffee, but Risteriet also makes a nice traditional Euro espresso. Most other places were unfortunately disappointing (and very expensive to my non-Scandic eyes).

Norway was also super great for hiking. Preikestolen was really touristy and the view of the fjord wasn't that great imo, but an easy intro hike. Trolltunga was the best day hike of my life - it has all the scenery you can think of. I started before sunrise to beat the crowds.

If you want to read a boring travel journal and see some pictures, you can check out my wordpress.

4. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

Yoyoyoyo

Will be traversing japan again next february. Gonna be my first winter experience. How cold is it over there at the end of February? 20-27th? (Paging @nicelynice)

Will be covering kyoto, nara, and kobe.

I had already purchased this vintage cashmere longcoat fron oxxford, quite thick and heavy.. Vintage is one of the cheapest option since i live in the tropics. I also have a dense wool crew neck sweater to be worn as base layer. Medium weight.

Thinking of layering a sport coat with throat latch as a mid layer, or would adding scarf without mid layer suffice? Maybe change the base layer to a turtleneck?

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Cold but not freezing. Just pick up a down vest from Uniqlo for like $20 if you get cold :)

6. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

thanks man! any specific site to see during winter (kansai)?

7. worakl

worakl Senior member

Anyone got any Kiev-gems to share?