• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Street style and beach style

wilson brother

Reaction score
Hey guys-

Its the Guy here
cool.gif
with a question..

do you think beach and street style can be the same? I was thinking about some levis, a pendleton shirt and those rainbow sandals.. Could this wardrobe be for both the beach and around town? Maybe it would be more acceptable in Huntington beach than in Newark..

so what do you think?

-Danny Wilson
lurker[1].gif

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Austin, Tx where I grew up very very casual look is pretty common. Austin must be one of the most casual cities in America. Contrast that with D.C., where I live now I don't think you could get away with that look. Plus it isn't as hot here. I think the key to a combination of street and beach is going to be dependant on the general formality of dress of the city and the average weather of the city.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
In Austin, Tx where I grew up very very casual look is pretty common. Austin must be one of the most casual cities in America. Contrast that with D.C., where I live now I don't think you could get away with that look. Plus it isn't as hot here. I think the key to a combination of street and beach is going to be dependant on the general formality of dress of the city and the average weather of the city.

Do you think if the city has a lake you could dress with a more casual beach style?

I dont know if i'll make it to DC..but if I did I would like to wear something that would be accepted by the President in the event we meet
laugh.gif

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
beachboys40jk5.jpg

Im loving Brian's style in that photo..I think if he put some shoes on he could even meet the President comfortably
bigstar[1].gif

-Danny Wilson

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last summer I lived in a pair of not-slim, white broken-in khakis from - of all places - Old Navy. Considering it's only hot enough to venture out of our igloos for a couple weeks in Canada, we've got to go all-out for summer and jeans just aren't all-out. (Now that I've jumped on the raw bandwagon, I may have to reconsider if it ever stops raining again...)

wilson brother

Reaction score
something is afoot.

brian is not in that photo!

Hey Denim-

are you trying to test my Beach Boys vibrations
laugh.gif
?

Thats Brian second on the left
teacha.gif
..so be cool
cool.gif

-Danny Wilson

wilson brother

Reaction score
that, sir, would be carl.

1035325532pcarlfinaluh7.jpg

:carlfist:

I'm starting to feel like I dont know the faces of my own brothers
confused.gif
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads