• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straw Panama hats. Yes or no?

Nader393

Reaction score
Paying close attention here, because I just got a pair of white/cream wingtips, thought a nice pair of light-colored linen pants would be all that was needed, but now I see that I am wrong. Stand by for a new hat...

Nader393

Reaction score
Here I am, being suave on the hammock, sporting my new Panama hat. Except for my chicken legs, I look excellent!

IMG_5631.jpg

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It might be a bit Fedora Lounge cosplay when dressed up (something I’m definitely guilt of), but it’s also a practical hat for sitting outside in polo and shorts drinking beer or sitting at the pool.

I think I’m ordering this one today;

519DA5B3-5C37-4376-A3D3-82BF82792126.jpeg

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Capa’s Bogart arrived today. Holland Hats are amazing! Unfortunately my five year old insists it looks better on her:

14525F9F-52DF-43A9-AD49-72145AA43546.jpeg

Nader393

Reaction score
Missing Guayabera shirt ! ...LoL

I had to look up what that is. I think I have something like that I picked up in Tahiti over a decade ago. Thanks for reminding me, it would go great with the hat and these shoes! (Being a little more suave on the hammock in this pic)

IMG_5632.jpg

EdT

Reaction score
Look great with black trouser and capped shoes as well. It actually formal/business attire in the summer in most South American countries.

The iconic Arturo Fuentes ad of father and son in their tobacco fields

Attachments

• Arturo Fuentes.jpg
    Arturo Fuentes.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 226
  • AFC_1.jpg
    AFC_1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 231

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads