• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straight Svens: Amazing fit

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got my Svens today, and I'm in love with the fit. Nice low rise, with great quality denim and perfect fit through the seat and legs, what's not to love? I'm looking forward to my Cougars, and want to try PBJs as well, but I'm beginning to think many repros have too high a rise for my tastes.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, XX-005s are probably my next pair of jeans after I get my cougars. The only thing I'm not sure about is how fast they will fade because I like my jeans to stay dark and it seems like they fade more quickly because of the slubbiness.

gqcao

Reaction score
yeah. i got a pair of Nudie RRDS. it's great but i wish i could have gotton the straight svens. i don't like the bootcut when they are worn with boots.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please, please, pretty please post pics of the Cougars after you get them. I've been considering these for my next pair of jeans, but there are very few pics out there so far.

Also, what size did you get for the SS and what is your natural waist and inseam?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
36x34 (which is the only inseam Guise had available, otherwise I would have gotten 32, now i have to find a chainstitcher to hem these F***ers) and my true waist is 35" They seem to be more or less true to size. If I took a tape measure to these I'd imagine they'd measure just about 36" now that I've worn them a few times. I sized up (well, or didn't size down to 34) because I heard they could be tight in the thigh/knee area but they fit PERFECTLY there for me. For reference, i wear 34 in RRDS and they're a slim but not skinny fit on me.

I'll post pics of the Cougars when I get them.

McG

Reaction score
I ran into the same inseam issue (store didn't have a 32) when I was about to buy a pair of Slim Jims a few weeks ago. The salesperson suggested just cuffing them, but I decided to wait to see if the store would get any more sizes - or some Straight Svens. These sound sweet though - maybe some pics after a bit of wear?

gqcao

Reaction score
drizz,

the Nudie straight svens has a mesurement of 8" on the kneee and hem. is that correct?

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I got my Svens today, and I'm in love with the fit. Nice low rise, with great quality denim and perfect fit through the seat and legs, what's not to love? I'm looking forward to my Cougars, and want to try PBJs as well, but I'm beginning to think many repros have too high a rise for my tastes.

I hear ya. The straight sven is a work of art, isn't it? PBJ's I think are going to be my next pair as well I think. Either that or some skulls or perhaps some diors.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here you go:

ssds1pl2.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are straight below the knee, while NS are tapered, and they're significantly lower rise. I like my NS but they somehow just don't feel as comfortable/fitted as the Svens. For reference, I wear size 33 and 34 NS depending on how fitted I want the jeans to be.

Say

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
They are straight below the knee, while NS are tapered, and they're significantly lower rise. I like my NS but they somehow just don't feel as comfortable/fitted as the Svens. For reference, I wear size 33 and 34 NS depending on how fitted I want the jeans to be.

little off topic
apc rescues vs. cougars: indigo. Which ones darker? is there a noticeable diff in the indigo...

you have around 15 pair of raw, correct?? I dont know how you do it lol... I guess you're not really trying to wear them out fast, but so many pairs... i think i could handle maybe 4 max.

I'm thinking of the cougars, but i want to avoid having the same color denim, even though the cougars have a different cut. I do wish ande had cougars in black, i'd be all over it.

back to topic:
svens huh? gotta try some on if the fits that amazing, did you get them at A. Rag, Co-OP, or other?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Say
little off topic apc rescues vs. cougars: indigo. Which ones darker? is there a noticeable diff in the indigo... you have around 15 pair of raw, correct?? I dont know how you do it lol... I guess you're not really trying to wear them out fast, but so many pairs... i think i could handle maybe 4 max. I'm thinking of the cougars, but i want to avoid having the same color denim, even though the cougars have a different cut. I do wish ande had cougars in black, i'd be all over it. back to topic: svens huh? gotta try some on if the fits that amazing, did you get them at A. Rag, Co-OP, or other?
Don't have the cougars yet. I got the svens at http://www.guisestore.com for $160 or so delivered. I think A Rag might have them, I don't think Coop carries that model, not sure about Carve. Yeah, I want my denim to stay new looking, as I don't really like faded jeans much. If I want something that is faded I'll wear one of my few distressed pairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads