• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straight Sven question

cmrocks

Reaction score
I've been working on a pair of dry bootcut olas for the past 7 months now but they are starting to get too tight. I've been working out a lot lately and my legs are bigger. I'm not going to stop working out so I need to get a pair of jeans that will fit a bit better. I've been looking at the Straight Svens and they seem like what I'm looking for. How much more room can I expect in the upper legs? Also, I know the rise is a bit higher but does anyone know how much?

One last thing. I've only washed my olas once so far and that was at about the 4 month mark. They still are hardly showing any signs of wear yet. I've heard that this is because they are made from a thinner denim. Can I expect the Svens, in selvege denim, to wear in quicker? I want my jeans to look a bit more lived in and get that really nice deep blue color that I see on so many broken in Ralfs.

Thanks

cmrocks

Reaction score
Anyone?

I've done a search and can't really find my answer.

I currently own a pair of bootcut olas and they are getting too tight in the thighs. Can I expect the Svens to have more room?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
Anyone?

I've done a search and can't really find my answer.

I currently own a pair of bootcut olas and they are getting too tight in the thighs. Can I expect the Svens to have more room?

i have almost 24 inch thighs and my 36 waist Sven's fit fine, and I think they would fit fine at 25. I've only worn them once (I got them earlier this year, bought in my actual waist size), and I don't have the ola's. It probably depends on your waist size, though.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have about 26.5" thighs and my 34x32 svens fit great. I had to have them altered to be slimmer from the knee down, but that's how I like my jeans. If you want a slim but not tight jean from the knee to ankle with a bit of room in the thighs the Svens are great. I've posted a lot of pictures of mine if you're interested.

I have Bootcut OLAs too, I don't think the rise is too much higher, maybe 0.5"? They're definitely a lot roomier, though. My altered Svens fit like bootcut OLAs below the knee but are slightly roomier through the seat and thigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics