• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STP version of Isaia

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Here is an isaia napoli glen plaid suit on stp:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...l-For-Men.html

How are these Isaias, are these the S base model? Retail is all 2550 but some other ones are around 5000. Aren't there only one mainline now or are these from previous years where isaia had several lines?

It would be nice to know what the latest stp coupon or code is.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've regularly been getting 20% off coupons from them and the occasional 25%.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure if they are from the current line or from last year. What I do know is that I have ordered several Isaia jackets from STP. They have varied in fit from model to model. I had to send two of them back because they were incredibly small and tight for their size (in 2007). However I did eventually buy two other Isaia jackets from them and was very happy with the results. STP makes returns easy and no hassle. So, I would suggest that if you really like something, to go ahead and order it and take the chance on it from STP. But like any suit or jacket from any manufacturer or brand, they can vary so it might not always work.

jcc123

Reaction score
Some of you are overly stuck on BRAND labels. I wouldn't wear that thing if it were the last jacket in the world. It's straight from the 70's pattern.

Just because it's Isaia doesn't mean it's worth having.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcc123
Some of you are overly stuck on BRAND labels. I wouldn't wear that thing if it were the last jacket in the world. It's straight from the 70's pattern.

Just because it's Isaia doesn't mean it's worth having.

bah, humbug

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Isaia stuff I've gotten from STP has had really bad finishing problems; I took pics of one pair of pants that had to go back (I'll post if I remember to tonight). I also have Isaia stuff from Barney's that is far and away better than what I've gotten from STP, so something tells me Isaia knows what it's sending to STP before making it, if you catch me.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Some Isaia stuff I've gotten from STP has had really bad finishing problems; I took pics of one pair of pants that had to go back (I'll post if I remember to tonight). I also have Isaia stuff from Barney's that is far and away better than what I've gotten from STP, so something tells me Isaia knows what it's sending to STP before making it, if you catch me.

I had the same experience,bought two Isaias from STP and returned both of them,both felt cheap,both in construction and fabric.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have too actually.... last year I purchased a STP Isaia jacket that just had a cheap feeling to it... fabric wise.

Originally Posted by forex
I had the same experience,bought two Isaias from STP and returned both of them,both felt cheap,both in construction and fabric.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
In response to the quality differing from stp, that was my suspicion and thanks for clarifying to me.

In response to the being overly stuck on brand labels, well, sorry to inform you, a lot of us I or anyone here wasn't born yesterday like you may think. I've been looking for a glen plaid in grey and lighter perhaps tan or greens mixed in.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I don't know about the varying levels of Isaia quality from STP but I have to agree that that's a particularly fugly suit. Those shadow plaids look awful irrespective of quality.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is from their recent run, you can tell by the basting on the lapel button hole.

The Pattern is dizzying.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a Isaia suit from ebay that was as nice as the ones from Neimans. I would have kept it but it didn't come with pants
eh.gif

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Here is an isaia napoli glen plaid suit on stp:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...l-For-Men.html

How are these Isaias, are these the S base model? Retail is all 2550 but some other ones are around 5000. Aren't there only one mainline now or are these from previous years where isaia had several lines?

It would be nice to know what the latest stp coupon or code is.

Its the V model. I bought this suit from STP a couple of weeks ago at a great price, under $500, but ended up sending it back (after being unable to sell it on SF) due to the pattern being too weird for me to wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics