1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STP coupon thread

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by skalogre, May 10, 2006.

1. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Happy shopping! If you buy something from the current clearance sale, and use the current 20% off code, and pay with your 20% off giftcard....

[​IMG]

That's the idea. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Senior member

I haven't gotten mine yet, and I've never had more than one.

Edit:
    Nope

What? I bought cards worth $1000, and I know I am never going to buy an item worth $100 from STP(more like a minimum of 3x that on any one purchase).

Does that mean that for every purchase I am only getting a $20 discount? That sucks!

I know there is still the 20% discount code and the great STP prices, but I was thinking 20% + 20% . . . .

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Edit:

What? I bought cards worth $1000, and I know I am never going to buy an item worth $100 from STP(more like a minimum of 3x that on any one purchase).

Does that mean that for every purchase I am only getting a $20 discount? That sucks!

I know there is still the 20% discount code and the great STP prices, but I was thinking 20% + 20% . . . .

Also, if the maximum gift card amount is $100, and the gift card can't be used for the $20 Google discount, doesn't that mean the card is essentially getting you no discount at all?

4. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Senior member

Also, if the maximum gift card amount is $100, and the gift card can't be used for the $20 Google discount, doesn't that mean the card is essentially getting you no discount at all?

Exactly my point, in that case I am not sure there was anything to be had here . . . other than a gimmick to discourage google checkout?

5. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Exactly my point, in that case I am not sure there was anything to be had here . . . other than a gimmick to discourage google checkout?

Well, I guess someone's going to have to call STP and ask them whether they can be used, say, over the phone.

6. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

I am sure they will let you use over the phone, and also tell them to input the 20% code for you, STP customer service is accomadating most of times.....

Well, I guess someone's going to have to call STP and ask them whether they can be used, say, over the phone.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

8. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

As they have a promotion prominently displayed trying to get you to use Google checkout I doubt this is a ploy to stop you from using it. If they didn't want you to use Google checkout they would simply stop using it. They probably figure that "gift cards" are meant to be use as actual gifts. As folks here are using the 20% off on gift cards as a way to get an extra discount for themselves (not a criticism--I think it's a grand idea) I don't know how one could gripe that STP is up to something nefarious. Since Google is a standardized checkout system it wouldn't be able to recognize STP specific gift cards, thus STP's own checkout is required.

9. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

Since Google is a standardized checkout system it wouldn't be able to recognize STP specific gift cards, thus STP's own checkout is required.

That is the reason. You'll also note that you cannot exchange an item if you use Google checkout, you can only get a refund. Again, this is because Google checkout cannot process a "credit" that you have with STP.

10. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

Has anyone else received an "invalid gift code" message when trying to use their cards?

I used the new 20% code and I'm wondering if that invalidated my ability to use the gift cards.

Rolo

12. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Has anyone else received an "invalid gift code" message when trying to use their cards?
    Did you also enter an amount in the second field?

13. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

Did you also enter an amount in the second field?

Yes. But I only put dollars and not cents like the instructions say to do.

14. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Um, what's the new discount code? I haven't found one since 51780 bit the dust.

15. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

I got a 10% email a minute ago, but I suspect on monday or tuesday we will see a blanket 20% out. I went into the link and it has the code imbedded in it. PM me with your email and I will forward the link to you. Perry And I just used it to buy the Sutor Mantellassi Chukka boots that were marked down from $380 to $303. With Google they came in shipped at $260. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1...s-For-Men.html And there is now a 20% code on the other fora. 51791. So I called and redid the SMs at 20% off. Gotta love the internet