• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STP Clearance Sale

billiebob

Reaction score
The corneliani suit for $330 is a really good deal, if you can handle the pencil stripes.

I got the corneliani black suit for $450. The isaia suits are discounted quite heavily as well.

This 20% off is dangerous!

Earthmover

Reaction score
Google checkout is now doing $20 off of $50 for STP (rather than $10 off of $30). Extra $10 off for suits!

They also seem to have gotten a nice shipment of AEs, and I was rather curious about this one:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1...s-For-Men.html

It's made in Italy... is that channeled blake (I see an outline of stitching around the sole), or just glued on? I'm not sure if I like the styling, but I am rather curious about its quality. Anyone have an idea?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
Yes, my resolve just broke and I order a pair of the Mantellassi loafers posted by acidicboy (price was cut from $229 to $183), a pair of Lambourne cords, and a cotton turtleneck. Thanks for posting the code, StockwellDay!

Damn you, thinman, damn you to hell!!!!
cheers.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Wahey, Truefitt & Hill products are included in the clearance section, like this sandalwood shaving cream!
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1...m-For-Men.html

this is tempting me the most right now. i've had the brush + 2 creams in my shopping cart for the longest time. the total would come to $40+shipping w/ google checkout. it's a stellar deal, and i'd love to start transitioning to traditional wetshaving, but $40 is a lot of money for a shave brush.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pardon the ignorance, but what is google checkout?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
but $40 is a lot of money for a shave brush.
It's really, really not. And definitely not for the quality of the T&H brush.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Pardon the ignorance, but what is google checkout?

It is a competitor to paypal. Basically you setup a google checkout account and assign it a credit card number, then when you buy stuff online, if they are partners with google, you can checkout using google checkout. So you are buying third party, getting some savings and signing over your buying habits to google. win win!

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
It is a competitor to paypal. Basically you setup a google checkout account and assign it a credit card number, then when you buy stuff online, if they are partners with google, you can checkout using google checkout. So you are buying third party, getting some savings and signing over your buying habits to google. win win!

Plus, this promotion is not a one time thing. You can keep using it while it's going on I've got the $10-off at least 5 times now). If you are buying small items right at the promotion threshold, it is may be better to place a bunch of small orders than one big one even though the shipping costs will be higher.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rolo
Plus, this promotion is not a one time thing. You can keep using it while it's going on I've got the $10-off at least 5 times now). If you are buying small items right at the promotion threshold, it is may be better to place a bunch of small orders than one big one even though the shipping costs will be higher.

Yeah, I managed to break it up at places where I got free shipping. It owned.

Now it is $20 of $50 or more. Pretty insane considering most things I would buy are around $50.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earthmover
They also seem to have gotten a nice shipment of AEs, and I was rather curious about this one:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1...s-For-Men.html

It's made in Italy... is that channeled blake (I see an outline of stitching around the sole), or just glued on? I'm not sure if I like the styling, but I am rather curious about its quality. Anyone have an idea?

Caveat emptor: pretty sure these are glued, as they cannot be recrafted.

pinchi22

Reaction score
and use code 50505 for another 20% off.
This code has already expired. I entered it and I was so told. Is there a new one?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Caveat emptor: pretty sure these are glued, as they cannot be recrafted.

Recrafted? 130 dollar shoes form AE? First, why would you want to recraft them? Second, the work alone would've cost you what these shoes are worth new.

kaineilsen

Reaction score
Credit to FW:

51112 works for 20% off $75

stack with Google Checkout $20 off $50

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Recrafted? 130 dollar shoes form AE? First, why would you want to recraft them? Second, the work alone would've cost you what these shoes are worth new.

The retail price is $235. The cost of recrafting for AE is proportional to the costs of original construction (since recrafting uses essentially the same methods) and is therefore proportional to the retail price, sans discounts.

Your post suggests that if I were to buy an AE Park Avenue for $130 (retail: $305), it would be wasteful to have it recrafted when it wears out. This makes no sense. It would only be inefficient if a) there exists a steady supply of that model in my size at or below the price of recrafting; and (b) I preferred having new shoes to older, lived-in shoes with a nice patina.

The point is that over the long haul, for the AE buyer who appreciates quality construction, you are much better off with recraftable shoes that retail for approximately $300 versus non-recraftable ones that retail for only about 20% less. I would say this virtually without regard to any discounts you might obtain. And the best bargain of all is the recraftable shoes for approximately the price of recrafting, or slightly more - in the 130 - 190 range, which is easily doable with AE.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads