• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STP Belvest sizing

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi -

As most of you guys know, currently STP has some nice Belvest suits marked down to dirt cheap. I am thinking about grabbing one , but just want to ask ppl who have ordered Belvest from STP before about the sizing.
When it says its a 46R suit, is it a 56R or a 58R?? I see some Belvest suits on STP has European sizing , some have American, and the way STP translates the sizing, I am thinking the suits they advertize as 46R would be a EU58R. However, the 46R could be the originally tagged sized from the factory, so it could be a EU56R.

thanks

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
hi -

As most of you guys know, currently STP has some nice Belvest suits marked down to dirt cheap. I am thinking about grabbing one , but just want to ask ppl who have ordered Belvest from STP before about the sizing.
When it says its a 46R suit, is it a 56R or a 58R?? I see some Belvest suits on STP has European sizing , some have American, and the way STP translates the sizing, I am thinking the suits they advertize as 46R would be a EU58R. However, the 46R could be the originally tagged sized from the factory, so it could be a EU56R.

thanks

The Belvest I have is American-sized. The 44R is a 44R. STP is pretty good about posting conversions when necessary.

EDIT: I see some are like that and some are euro-sized. A link would be helpful.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks man ....... I pulled a trigger on the S120 Navy strip Belvest suit, after 20% coupon, its $560 , very good deal....... there are still some Belvest left in the sales for 500ish, ppl should take advantage. Also, they just got a lot new Isaia and Belvest in, a lot color and sizes, can't wait for the next sale.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks man ....... I pulled a trigger on the S120 Navy strip Belvest suit, after 20% coupon, its $560 , very good deal....... there are still some Belvest left in the sales for 500ish, ppl should take advantage. Also, they just got a lot new Isaia and Belvest in, a lot color and sizes, can't wait for the next sale.

Is it this one? Cuz, um, it says it's black-and-white. Not Navy. Just FYI. I was tempted till I saw the colors.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...x?baseno=48580

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw one blue pinstriped suit on sale and I wonder: How is Belvest fit?
It looks from the picture that it is a bit roomy fit, not a young silhouette.
I am looking for 2-button or preferably 1-button suit for a young guy.
Please advise.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Is it this one? Cuz, um, it says it's black-and-white. Not Navy. Just FYI. I was tempted till I saw the colors.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...x?baseno=48580

no, they already removed the item, but its 3 button , navy with suttle blue strip ........... BTW, how does your Belvest fit, tappered waist like Isaia coat or more sack fit?? I didn't see you compare on the fit of the body in your Isaia VS. Belvest thread

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no, they already removed the item, but its 3 button , navy with suttle blue strip ........... BTW, how does your Belvest fit, tappered waist like Isaia coat or more sack fit?? I didn't see you compare on the fit of the body in your Isaia VS. Belvest thread

It's not _very_ tapered, no. There is not dramatic waist-suppression.

But it fits "slim." I'm not sure how to describe it, except to say that the armholes and legs are both on the small side--which is a good thing in my book. When I wore it yesterday, people kept remarking that I look like I'd lost weight.

pkincy

Reaction score
I agree with the original thread. With the Belvest and Isaia and Samuelsohn items plus Ask Andy with a 15% off coupon and our own 20% off coupons working it is the time to shop STP!

I just received a Belvest in 42R. It is a pretty true 42R. A bit short for me but at the 460 I paid last week with a 20% off coupon I am keeping it. BTW, it was from the Bernini Coutour line that Bernini has backed off of. That same jacket is $403 today and you can deduct 20% from that....wow! I have no problem seeing this at $2500 retail.

I ordered the cashmere Belvest in e54L a minute ago. I am going to guess (in fact they have told me this) that the 42 is equiv to a 54. I don't think they are doing the lame -10 convention that the amateur Ebay sellers do.

Although it is not dramatic waist suppression on the Belvest, it definitely has a waist and is not a sack suit. In fact the one I got in this week probably has a 3 maybe 4 inch drop from chest to waist.

But the group of Samuelsohns at 599 less 20% has got to be the deal of the century for someone that wants the already best value in clothing at less than 1/2 of its already too good to be true price.

My regular rotation is pretty high end, but occasionally a Sammy will creep in (like it did today) and I am always amazed at how it wears as well as suits many times its price.

Perry

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not trying a lame shill but here is a pic of me wearing a 40R Belvest sportsjacket that I am selling. The pic is not great, but you can see some waist suppression, open quarters and relatively high armholes.

KIF_2536.jpg

kali77

Reaction score
Thoughts on this Belvest at STP. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or not
confused.gif
I am thinking the stripes are a little to bold.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it, if I didn't need a navy suit and had too many gray/charcoal suit, I would have bought this one........ will look pimping @ night time going out IMO

ezboy1000

Reaction score

Am I missing something? How do you get it so low? Isn't the suit $999 - 20%?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
I agree with the original thread. With the Belvest and Isaia and Samuelsohn items plus Ask Andy with a 15% off coupon and our own 20% off coupons working it is the time to shop STP!
Do the coupons stack?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics