STP Belvest sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitingStyle, Sep 8, 2006.

1. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

hi -

As most of you guys know, currently STP has some nice Belvest suits marked down to dirt cheap. I am thinking about grabbing one , but just want to ask ppl who have ordered Belvest from STP before about the sizing.
    When it says its a 46R suit, is it a 56R or a 58R?? I see some Belvest suits on STP has European sizing , some have American, and the way STP translates the sizing, I am thinking the suits they advertize as 46R would be a EU58R. However, the 46R could be the originally tagged sized from the factory, so it could be a EU56R.

thanks

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

hi -

As most of you guys know, currently STP has some nice Belvest suits marked down to dirt cheap. I am thinking about grabbing one , but just want to ask ppl who have ordered Belvest from STP before about the sizing.
    When it says its a 46R suit, is it a 56R or a 58R?? I see some Belvest suits on STP has European sizing , some have American, and the way STP translates the sizing, I am thinking the suits they advertize as 46R would be a EU58R. However, the 46R could be the originally tagged sized from the factory, so it could be a EU56R.

thanks

The Belvest I have is American-sized. The 44R is a 44R. STP is pretty good about posting conversions when necessary.

EDIT: I see some are like that and some are euro-sized. A link would be helpful.

3. SuitingStyle

thanks man ....... I pulled a trigger on the S120 Navy strip Belvest suit, after 20% coupon, its $560 , very good deal....... there are still some Belvest left in the sales for 500ish, ppl should take advantage. Also, they just got a lot new Isaia and Belvest in, a lot color and sizes, can't wait for the next sale.

4. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

thanks man ....... I pulled a trigger on the S120 Navy strip Belvest suit, after 20% coupon, its $560 , very good deal....... there are still some Belvest left in the sales for 500ish, ppl should take advantage. Also, they just got a lot new Isaia and Belvest in, a lot color and sizes, can't wait for the next sale.

Is it this one? Cuz, um, it says it's black-and-white. Not Navy. Just FYI. I was tempted till I saw the colors.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...x?baseno=48580

5. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

I saw one blue pinstriped suit on sale and I wonder: How is Belvest fit?
    It looks from the picture that it is a bit roomy fit, not a young silhouette.
    I am looking for 2-button or preferably 1-button suit for a young guy.
    Please advise.

6. SuitingStyle

Is it this one? Cuz, um, it says it's black-and-white. Not Navy. Just FYI. I was tempted till I saw the colors.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...x?baseno=48580

no, they already removed the item, but its 3 button , navy with suttle blue strip ........... BTW, how does your Belvest fit, tappered waist like Isaia coat or more sack fit?? I didn't see you compare on the fit of the body in your Isaia VS. Belvest thread

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

no, they already removed the item, but its 3 button , navy with suttle blue strip ........... BTW, how does your Belvest fit, tappered waist like Isaia coat or more sack fit?? I didn't see you compare on the fit of the body in your Isaia VS. Belvest thread

It's not _very_ tapered, no. There is not dramatic waist-suppression.

But it fits "slim." I'm not sure how to describe it, except to say that the armholes and legs are both on the small side--which is a good thing in my book. When I wore it yesterday, people kept remarking that I look like I'd lost weight.

8. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

I agree with the original thread. With the Belvest and Isaia and Samuelsohn items plus Ask Andy with a 15% off coupon and our own 20% off coupons working it is the time to shop STP!

I just received a Belvest in 42R. It is a pretty true 42R. A bit short for me but at the 460 I paid last week with a 20% off coupon I am keeping it. BTW, it was from the Bernini Coutour line that Bernini has backed off of. That same jacket is $403 today and you can deduct 20% from that....wow! I have no problem seeing this at $2500 retail.

I ordered the cashmere Belvest in e54L a minute ago. I am going to guess (in fact they have told me this) that the 42 is equiv to a 54. I don't think they are doing the lame -10 convention that the amateur Ebay sellers do.

Although it is not dramatic waist suppression on the Belvest, it definitely has a waist and is not a sack suit. In fact the one I got in this week probably has a 3 maybe 4 inch drop from chest to waist.

But the group of Samuelsohns at 599 less 20% has got to be the deal of the century for someone that wants the already best value in clothing at less than 1/2 of its already too good to be true price.

My regular rotation is pretty high end, but occasionally a Sammy will creep in (like it did today) and I am always amazed at how it wears as well as suits many times its price.

Perry

9. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Not trying a lame shill but here is a pic of me wearing a 40R Belvest sportsjacket that I am selling. The pic is not great, but you can see some waist suppression, open quarters and relatively high armholes.

[​IMG]

10. SuitingStyle

11. kali77

kali77 Senior member

Thoughts on this Belvest at STP. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or not[​IMG] I am thinking the stripes are a little to bold.

12. kali77

kali77 Senior member

13. SuitingStyle

I like it, if I didn't need a navy suit and had too many gray/charcoal suit, I would have bought this one........ will look pimping @ night time going out IMO

14. ezboy1000

ezboy1000 Senior member

Am I missing something? How do you get it so low? Isn't the suit $999 - 20%?

15. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

I agree with the original thread. With the Belvest and Isaia and Samuelsohn items plus Ask Andy with a 15% off coupon and our own 20% off coupons working it is the time to shop STP!
    Do the coupons stack?