1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STP Belvest sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitingStyle, Sep 8, 2006.

1. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Distinguished Member

hi -

As most of you guys know, currently STP has some nice Belvest suits marked down to dirt cheap. I am thinking about grabbing one , but just want to ask ppl who have ordered Belvest from STP before about the sizing.
    When it says its a 46R suit, is it a 56R or a 58R?? I see some Belvest suits on STP has European sizing , some have American, and the way STP translates the sizing, I am thinking the suits they advertize as 46R would be a EU58R. However, the 46R could be the originally tagged sized from the factory, so it could be a EU56R.

thanks

2. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

hi -

As most of you guys know, currently STP has some nice Belvest suits marked down to dirt cheap. I am thinking about grabbing one , but just want to ask ppl who have ordered Belvest from STP before about the sizing.
    When it says its a 46R suit, is it a 56R or a 58R?? I see some Belvest suits on STP has European sizing , some have American, and the way STP translates the sizing, I am thinking the suits they advertize as 46R would be a EU58R. However, the 46R could be the originally tagged sized from the factory, so it could be a EU56R.

thanks

The Belvest I have is American-sized. The 44R is a 44R. STP is pretty good about posting conversions when necessary.

EDIT: I see some are like that and some are euro-sized. A link would be helpful.

3. SuitingStyle

thanks man ....... I pulled a trigger on the S120 Navy strip Belvest suit, after 20% coupon, its $560 , very good deal....... there are still some Belvest left in the sales for 500ish, ppl should take advantage. Also, they just got a lot new Isaia and Belvest in, a lot color and sizes, can't wait for the next sale.

4. grimslade

thanks man ....... I pulled a trigger on the S120 Navy strip Belvest suit, after 20% coupon, its $560 , very good deal....... there are still some Belvest left in the sales for 500ish, ppl should take advantage. Also, they just got a lot new Isaia and Belvest in, a lot color and sizes, can't wait for the next sale.

Is it this one? Cuz, um, it says it's black-and-white. Not Navy. Just FYI. I was tempted till I saw the colors.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...x?baseno=48580

5. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Distinguished Member

I saw one blue pinstriped suit on sale and I wonder: How is Belvest fit?
    It looks from the picture that it is a bit roomy fit, not a young silhouette.
    I am looking for 2-button or preferably 1-button suit for a young guy.
    Please advise.

6. SuitingStyle

Is it this one? Cuz, um, it says it's black-and-white. Not Navy. Just FYI. I was tempted till I saw the colors.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...x?baseno=48580

no, they already removed the item, but its 3 button , navy with suttle blue strip ........... BTW, how does your Belvest fit, tappered waist like Isaia coat or more sack fit?? I didn't see you compare on the fit of the body in your Isaia VS. Belvest thread

7. grimslade

no, they already removed the item, but its 3 button , navy with suttle blue strip ........... BTW, how does your Belvest fit, tappered waist like Isaia coat or more sack fit?? I didn't see you compare on the fit of the body in your Isaia VS. Belvest thread

It's not _very_ tapered, no. There is not dramatic waist-suppression.

But it fits "slim." I'm not sure how to describe it, except to say that the armholes and legs are both on the small side--which is a good thing in my book. When I wore it yesterday, people kept remarking that I look like I'd lost weight.

8. pkincy

pkincy Senior Member

I agree with the original thread. With the Belvest and Isaia and Samuelsohn items plus Ask Andy with a 15% off coupon and our own 20% off coupons working it is the time to shop STP!

I just received a Belvest in 42R. It is a pretty true 42R. A bit short for me but at the 460 I paid last week with a 20% off coupon I am keeping it. BTW, it was from the Bernini Coutour line that Bernini has backed off of. That same jacket is $403 today and you can deduct 20% from that....wow! I have no problem seeing this at $2500 retail.

I ordered the cashmere Belvest in e54L a minute ago. I am going to guess (in fact they have told me this) that the 42 is equiv to a 54. I don't think they are doing the lame -10 convention that the amateur Ebay sellers do.

Although it is not dramatic waist suppression on the Belvest, it definitely has a waist and is not a sack suit. In fact the one I got in this week probably has a 3 maybe 4 inch drop from chest to waist.

But the group of Samuelsohns at 599 less 20% has got to be the deal of the century for someone that wants the already best value in clothing at less than 1/2 of its already too good to be true price.

My regular rotation is pretty high end, but occasionally a Sammy will creep in (like it did today) and I am always amazed at how it wears as well as suits many times its price.

Perry

9. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Not trying a lame shill but here is a pic of me wearing a 40R Belvest sportsjacket that I am selling. The pic is not great, but you can see some waist suppression, open quarters and relatively high armholes.

[​IMG]

10. SuitingStyle

11. kali77

kali77 Senior Member

Thoughts on this Belvest at STP. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or not[​IMG] I am thinking the stripes are a little to bold.

12. kali77

kali77 Senior Member

13. SuitingStyle

I like it, if I didn't need a navy suit and had too many gray/charcoal suit, I would have bought this one........ will look pimping @ night time going out IMO

14. ezboy1000

ezboy1000 Senior Member

Am I missing something? How do you get it so low? Isn't the suit $999 - 20%?

15. josepidal

josepidal Distinguished Member

I agree with the original thread. With the Belvest and Isaia and Samuelsohn items plus Ask Andy with a 15% off coupon and our own 20% off coupons working it is the time to shop STP!
    Do the coupons stack?