• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Story Et Fall Thread***

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This comes up pretty regularly in other threads, may as well have a dedicated thread so as not to clog things up and so people can find answers in one place.
FWIW - I have no affiliation with him, this is not an affiliate thread.
Attached a pdf of the sizing chart I was given.

sizing:

email: Customer Care | Story Et Fall <[email protected]>

If anybody here has ordered and received anything please post up.

I just put in an order for the tan/beige suede Jodhpur with hand welted sole, but I know I missed the latest order (yesterday) so I don't know how long it will be.

stafa

Reaction score
I have a pair of the black cemented sidezips and placed an order for the latest batch of tan chelseas.

Lian has been extremely helpful and very quick to answer any questions.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the black jodhpurs? Obviously you like them enough to order another pair.
How long did it take from ordering to receiving? And do you have any pics?

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting some tan suedes. I've been going "dang I'd wear some tan suede boots with this" about various fits for a month now, so it's a no-brainer assuming I can work out sizing...

about that. Lian has indeed been very quick with email, though if he can do different widths, it's strange he didn't mention it when I brought up narrow feet when talking with him. he told me that sizing down would take care of it. Maybe he's right, and I guess we'll see soon enough.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well he hasn't explicitly told me that he can do different widths, but he sent me the sizing info in the pdf I attached to the first post and it clearly states different widths.

stafa

Reaction score
The calf leather was surprisingly nice for the price. I mainly bought them as some beaters to wear when I'm out at night

This was basically my intro to wearing sidezips/chelseas so I'm not the best person to really compare the fit and last to other options.

After ordering them, I received them within a week. I was afraid I was going to get hit with a bill for duties, but there wasn't one (US). The packaging was also great and they came with shoe bags. I don't think you can go wrong for a basic entry level boot if this is the style you are seeking. I'm excited to see how the GY welted tan suede ones turn out. I'll update with pictures when I get them

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn that's quick. I guess it depends how often he sends orders for production, maybe you got in right at the end or something.

I actually just send him another email asking if there are other options for the sole. The only thing that I'm hesitant about is that I prefer boots that aren't quite as sleek and have a thicker sole. Maybe he can stick a dainite on it.

stafa

Reaction score
I think the cemented ones were already done and he just kept a stock of them so they were able to ship out immediately. I think the production batches are for the new good year welted ones

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum ah, I took the width part of the chart to be more of a "for reference" thing.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We'll see if I hear from him in the next few days. A couple days isn't a big deal.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Thought I would put up a quick review of these sidezips I bought recently after seeing this post. As they are just starting out and looking to build some awareness the owner was nice enough to give me a pair at cost to give some feedback on. I've been wanting a few pairs of plain black sidezips for work and I didn’t really want to pay through the nose aka Current MMM RRP. The website was easy to use and to order from, it was painless, and quick shipping with UPS is always a plus. They came with dust bags which is a big deal to some people. I just use them to polish my boots really. The boots themselves: Construction is cold cemented, the welting is just for looks. I've asked why have the welting on the bottom as it's sorta confusing and they are going to look into removing it. I would prefer like blake rapid or even just blake, but I'm alright with cemented if they do it right. They are pretty close to Margiela Sidezips construction wise, they feel almost exactly the same as my old Margiela Sidezips from 09. The last used is slim and elegant, but is somewhere in-between the bulbous toe Margiela side zips of old and the newer slimmer ones. Its a good medium. I’ve worn them with black skinny jeans and a Robert Geller zipped blazer and they worked, and then worn with a black A2 bomber and and a white oxford and the still work. They come with a full leather liner and removable insoles, which for some people is a big deal. They add a lot to comfort and its a nice touch. The inner lining calf isn’t as nice as the Margielas. But for the price, I don’t really think you can go wrong. The soft smooth black box calf that is on the outside, is really really nice for the price. I was pretty surprised at how well its worn in. I didn’t think that the outers would be as nice as they are. Its a lot smoother and a ‘dress’ grade calf compared to heavy duty oiled calf that Margiela uses. I bought another pair in the same size, as I’ve worn them to work pretty much most days since getting them. If your new and looking for a decent pair of side zips to wear with black jeans and some tee’s or white button ups, its probably worth having a look at. These go into my recommend pile for new starters.
I recently purchased this pair of sidezip boots from the emerging brand Story et Fall, which I heard of through Razele's review (http://www.styleforum.net/t/164746/recent-purchases-part-ii/44940_30#post_7261621). The brand certainly evokes comparisons to MMM/CP/SLP, etc. in terms of aesthetic and design elements. As I have been looking for black boots similar to the iconic MMM sidezips for a while, I decided to take a chance on these ones. I don't think there's much information out there about this brand yet, so here's a short review. When I received the package, I was surprised to see it shipped from a Chinese address; I had assumed it would be from Sweden. It came in a simple white box with black lettering, and inside were some nice hand written materials including the name of the person who made the shoes and packed it for me. That was a nice touch. It also came with two large white dustbags. The shoes themselves felt solid. I'm no expert on shoe construction or materials, but I believe the leather uppers are very good quality, much better than I expected at this price point. The calf leather was supple and had a good hand feel. The leather was not completely smooth and uniform but showed some uneven veining. When I inquired about that, I was told by customer care that it is a full grain calf leather sourced from New Zealand. The removable insole and soft leather lining helps make the shoes comfortable to walk in, but time will tell how well they break in. As for the construction, the website does state that these boots are cemented (glued) and not properly stitched, yet on the leather outsoles you can clearly see some "stitching" detail. Apparently, they will move on to using genuine Goodyear construction in the future. The blacked out YKK zipper is nice and operates smoothly, but I wish the zipper was of a higher YKK quality and more robust feeling. The level of detailing and finishing was very good, not what I would expect from Chinese made boots, but more similar to those made in Portugal or Spain. Lastly, when I received delivery of the shoes, I had to pay additional duties/taxes/collection fees to the DHL express carrier. I was upset about that, but that's part of being an international customer. However, all things considered, I'm happy with my purchase.
This is the tan suede option for any of the Story et Fall boots also
The suede options just became available and they are MTO right now, priced at $205. They aren't up on the site but if you contact customer service, they will help Other suede options
Finally was able to pick up my Story et Fall sidezips and WOW Hands down the nicest, most personal packaging I have ever received for any item of clothing, ever. It came with a typed note by the designer apologizing for the delay, a letter of authenticity with the name of the maker handwritten, an exorbitant amount of white packaging, 2 kinds of insoles, and--kicker--a pair of really nice shoe trees to make up for the delay. The boots themselves are absolutely gorgeous. The leather is thick and looks beautiful, the sole is nicely stacked (wood+leather) and comes with a topy plus shoe taps. The zip is on par with all of the Margiela sidezips I've tried. The fit is slightly less sleek in the toebox than MMM, but the profile is otherwise very similar. The quality feels 5x as good as the pair of MMM sidezips I bought a year or two ago. The fit is similar to MMM boots, they run slightly narrow and long. I went 42, and I'm a true 43. They're perfect lengthwise and a little snug on the sides. These boots are not super comfortable out of the box, and I know I'm gonna have to spend some serious time wearing them in before they are. The thick sole and thick leather upper are gonna be a challenge. All in all, I'm super pleased and can't believe I only paid $200 for these. The owner is a great dude, you guys should really hop on his products before he blows up big time

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So far I don't know a single person who has ordered and not received, so if you're referring to it being some kind of toj re-run I think you're off base. He also has a much smaller product catalog than toj. He makes 3 kinds of shoes, that's it.
However, i am interested to see how this grows and what kind changes come of it at that point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads