• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Story Et Fall Thread***

Ragechester

Reaction score
@eglbc Yea man solid 13 here, sometimes bigger depending on brand, and I would go 47. Went 46.5 and I don't see mine stretching much. Not a comfortable boot overall for me, tight in the toes and loose in the heel, the leather (cheap) just doesn't hug my foot comfortably, they look nice at least...

sosuke

Reaction score
Here is an on feet pic I promised of my cropped jodhpurs

S0LJAH

Reaction score
Just paid £57 duty/tax in the uk on a pair of chelseas

Food for thought for uk/eu members

lghtwrk

Reaction score
Gonna pull the trigger on some Tan Cropped Jodhpurs. Been lallygagging for too long.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The website pics don't quite work? What colors do the Chelsea's come in? Dark brown suede?

dapperwardrobe

Reaction score
The website pics don't quite work? What colors do the Chelsea's come in? Dark brown suede?
Tan, suede, dark brown suede, black suede, and black leather. Really soon they will be available in "milkshake" suede, grey suede, and tobacco suede as well.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tan, suede, dark brown suede, black suede, and black leather. Really soon they will be available in "milkshake" suede, grey suede, and tobacco suede as well.

Wow that's great, thanks. Are there any picture available of them? I might be interested in milkshake or tobacco now? KTT forums didn't seem to have any?

S0LJAH

Reaction score
Every pic that exists of any of the variations is pretty much in that KTT thread

Its the most concise source of info

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

Wow that's great, thanks. Are there any picture available of them? I might be interested in milkshake or tobacco now? KTT forums didn't seem to have any?
the grey, tobacco, and milkshake haven't been released yet. Nov they should be ready

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
How are people deciding on cropped vs. regular jodhpurs? For the cropped ones, any concerns about the hems of your jeans / pants getting caught on the top of the shaft, or any concerns about the strap not staying in place?

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

How are people deciding on cropped vs. regular jodhpurs? For the cropped ones, any concerns about the hems of your jeans / pants getting caught on the top of the shaft, or any concerns about the strap not staying in place?
well for the lows, the strap stays in place but my jeans do sit on top of them. They still look good tho imo. I just think they are a more versatile lighter version of the highs and I can wear them year round wen I prolly wouldn't do that with the highs.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Intentionally?

Apparently, too many off-site sales at the moment to even bother maintaining the website

Suede colors shown here, including tobacco and grey, I haven't seen milkshake but assume it's basically an off-white/cream

Last edited:

khnry

Reaction score
Lurked on this forum for a bit and got a lot of help, so I just wanted to contribute one more data point to help people in terms of sizing and my opinion of the boots. A few months ago, I ordered a pair of chelsea boots from Asos (you get what you pay for. I did not like the shape, they were uncomfortable, and just flat out did not like them. So I returned them for a refund).
I ordered the Tan Chelsea Boots size 41 from Story et Fall on 09/02/15. I received them via FedEx yesterday 10/20/15.
The customs fee was $27.32 and I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Sizing:
I wear 9.5 in retro jordans and other nikes (including flyknits).
I wear a 9 in nike rosherun, adidas (stan smith, 350 boost), new balance 998.
When I used the sizing guide that Lian sent, my feet probably ended right in between the 41 and 42. Ordering the size 41 was the correct decision for me, it fit nicely. Not too much wiggle room, but if they are supposed to stretch a bit and supposed to be "broken in" they should fit perfectly.

Opinion:
The packaging, as others have mentioned, is nice and the personalization is also a great touch. Also, the quality is definitely there and in my opinion, is a well-constructed, and well-crafted pair of shoes. Personal preference should dictate if you'd like to purchase a pair or not. I actually bought a pair of Common Projects Chelsea Boots (khaki) a couple days ago (size 42 - also fits nicely for me). The CP boots are much, MUCH more comfortable - which is primarily due to the heels not being as high, and because of the rubber soles. The SeF boots' heels are higher and the wooden material makes walking in them a bit more stiff (?) while walking in the CP boots seem more natural (almost as if you're just wearing a pair of sneakers). In terms of the shape, material, and color, I would think they are pretty comparable/similar (take this with a grain of salt, i'm no shoe-expert).

I do really like the SeF boots. But, I like the CP boots more. However, the CP boots are literally double the price (if not more). In that sense, I don't know if I like the CP boots ~$300 worth more (if you get what I'm saying). With that said, my plan is to probably go exchange my khaki CP boots to the grey color, and keep the tan SeF boots. UNLESS, I can find somebody who wants to purchase my SeF boots (for exactly what i paid + shipping).

Hope this is helpful to those who are thinking about making a purchase from Lian.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads