1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Story Et Fall Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, Jan 13, 2015.

1. sosuke

sosuke Well-Known Member

do you just prefer to put them on the front or does it have to do with the surface you walk on? I'm not too familiar with taps.

2. NaTionS

NaTionS Distinguished Member

I've been wearing the full grain calf sidezips pretty frequently over the past 2 weeks, I'll post up some pics of creasing when I have some time.

Few things off the top of my head:

-Agree with cyc that it's not a cheaper alternative to MMM. I'll probably end up getting another pair of MMM or Buttero sidezips.
    -if you have wide feet sizing down may not be the best idea. I'm a true 43.5 and went with a 43. It feels fine when I first put them on but as you go about your day and your feet swells the pointed toes are a bit tight.

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Also, I don't really enjoy almost eating it every time I have to walk across those raised bumps at crosswalks (especially after/during rain).

4. msg

msg Distinguished Member

But they are cheaper than both MMM and Buttero. Are you saying they're not an alternative because you don't like the design?

5. Jasonronn

Jasonronn Senior Member

honestly, i probably didnt need those either. taps are more for sole protection than surface grip. i just got the boots in july and didnt want to sacrifice breathability for grip since it doesnt rain here anymore

6. gong

gong Senior Member

fwiw i have read that the "quality" of MM sidezips varies greatly with every season and more than a few people have been terribly disappointed. it is worth mentioning that they are almost 1k at retail.

7. JSAN

JSAN Senior Member

Margiela IS Buttero

8. vljasu

vljasu Member

Is it a good idea to wear them once or a couple times before putting the topy's/taps on since they'll have to sand the soles off to keep balance anyways? I'd like to wear them as is to see how it feels, but if it's gonna ruin it i'd rather not.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015

9. Meis

Meis Distinguished Member

They do vary. While some are disappointing, both of my pairs have held up great (over multiple years of heavy wear) and I didn't pay near half of 1k for either of them (they pretty much always go on sale for 40-50%+ off)

10. NaTionS

NaTionS Distinguished Member

These are (at least I feel) much sleeker and dressier than MMM/Buttero/CP.

11. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior Member

thats fine

12. gong

gong Senior Member

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

:p

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015

14. epryor

epryor Senior Member

By the way, how does one go about getting them dyed to more of a wheat color? I've seen a few examples of this being done to match SLP Wyatts but I don't even know where to begin.

15. songtoan272

songtoan272 New Member

So I usually take size 9 in Nike, 8.5 in Das and vans and they're all about 26.5 cm. But as the measurement Lian sent me, my feet length is just about 26 cm so it will be 40.5, which makes me so confused.
    Recommend me what size should I take? My feet is medium but I have trouble with my big toe so I prefer not too tight fit