1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Story Et Fall Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, Jan 13, 2015.

1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

2. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

Interesting to hear lian's perceptions of his stuff.

I'm used to leather being able to take a beating even if it's on a "dressy" shoe -- ae, alden -- so this concept surprises me, because I will always, always be kicking things, but I can see how that could be.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

3. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior Member

So Lian is paying for his repair cost? So he has to seek out a repair shop/cobbler to do the fixing? Am I reading that right?
    Appreciate his detailed response though, esp. regarding the sourcing and quality of the leather being used for the pricepoint SEF is hitting at.

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

It seems like the best route. Lian isn't a cobbler and the manufacturer (more than likely) wouldn't do repairs, only the production. The other option would be sending them to Lian to have him find a cobbler, have them repaired and then mail them back, adding time and cost. I don't know how you could be happier with that response other than having him make a brand new pair and send them out for free as a replacement which would be asking a lot.
    My tan suede seem darker than most people's and he offered me a pretty good discount even though it wasn't even me who emailed him about it (somebody else here saw my pics and emailed him, then he got In touch with me).

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

"Find a cobbler," what am I, made of Google?

6. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior Member

order placed...measured between a 40.5 and 41 on the size guide. went with the 40.5 per Lian's suggestion. hopefully they will be perfect.

he said they should go into production later this week. anyone know how long between going into production and shipping?

7. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

I was quoted a month for overall. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a size 8.5US/7.5UK in most dress shoes. Lian said 40.5 originally but changed to 41 after I did the foot measurement pdf file. Apparently my right foot is a bit longer than left.

8. rufiorufiorufio

rufiorufiorufio Senior Member

these dudes prob wanted to hear "sorry bout that man. please keep those boots. we will send new ones. our bad"

9. kushdrygoods15

kushdrygoods15 Member

Thats definitely what some people wanted to hear, he's good in my book.

10. bawlin

bawlin Distinguished Member

In 2015, how fucking difficult is it to have a website with working photos? FFS...

11. Insup

Insup New Member

FOR THOSE WHO WERE CURIOUS LIKE MYSELF IN REGARDS TO THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "WALNUT" AND "TAN" FOR THE CHELSEA BOOTS

12. johanm

johanm Senior Member

Think he's still beta testing the lasts/details etc. and may not want to commit to images that customers will hold against him. Also guessing the current setup promotes buzz/word of mouth and maybe also keeps volume manageable as he's setting up production.

13. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior Member

Anyone know of any photos of the cropped Jodhpur in calf leather that are circulating?

14. malti001

malti001 Active Member

None exist as of now.

15. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

I googled walnut suede and went with that. It's easier for me since I already have tan suede boots though.

Customer service is great but was kind of hard ordering since I didn't know where I had to click due to no pics being displayed near the text.